Friday, 29 September 2017

A visit To Ballydougan


Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes on Wednesday - I think I'm only just recovering from chocolate indulgence though!

As part of my birthday treat, hubby took me to a special little cottage tearoom that I've been longing to visit.

It's called Ballydougan Pottery and Tearooms near Lurgan County Armagh. 

This is the tea room with a great old inglenook fireplace though its not working anymore.
The flowers adorning the chandeliers were gorgeous and were from a wedding function.


I thoroughly enjoyed a blueberry and white chocolate scone with butter and preserve and you can see the plate is from the pottery made on site.


This id the matching teacup and little milk pitcher. I love the shape of the teacup!


This is the entrance to the giftshop where you can buy their pottery.  The building is an original stone cottage with thatched roof - really quaint!


Inside, there is a great display and array of pottery and this antique sideboard caught my eye!

 
As did the blue pattern on this set!


And perfect for autumn, this set has apples on it.


It was lovely to visit and hope you enjoyed a peek around too!


Best wishes

10 comments:

  1. Charming! It looks like you visited a fairytale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delight, the perfect setting for afternoon tea. Amazing pottery, I fell in love with the set with apples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place. The scone looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated birthday. It looks like such a fun birthday. I love that pottery too. What a cool place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how neat is that, now that sounds like a lovely day out to celebrate your special day!! Looks like a beautiful place inside and like the changing of the leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's a lovely place to visit...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Christine,
    I've been missing you and your wonderful blog posts so much, cherished friend !

    Sincerely grateful for all the Beauty you always share,
    I'm sending hugs and ever much love to you

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful! Great pics. :)

    If you would like to support each other with follow, let me know on my blog:
    Shoot for the stars

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog, I follow you! :)

    I would appreciate if you follow me back at:

    Carstvo zapisanih misli

    so that we stay in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your post dear ♥
    If you want check out my blog.I write about fashion,beauty and lifestyle.Maybe we can follow each other and be great blogger friends !

    http://herecomesajla.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!