Friday, 3 March 2017

March is here!


As this is my first post in the month of March 2017, for fun I thought I'd use the five letters of March to do an acrostic of things I think of and love about this month!
(Think I'll do the same for April!)


1.  M is for Mother as this month we celebrate Mothering Sunday in the UK.

These are a couple of the cross stitch pieces I've made for this lovely occasion and the first was a gift to my own precious mother.




2. A is for theArrival of lovely new blooms and lambs signalling spring is coming! What a lovely feeling that is!



3. R is for Rain and we have more than our fair share of rain in March, but the plus point is there is more chance of seeing a pretty Rainbow!
You can just about see this arc!



4. C is for sweet little chicks too, cake and celebration of my son's birthday this month! Can't believe he'll be 16!!!





5. H is for HAPPY for lo the winter is past and the sound of birds singing fills the land!
Wishing you all a happy March!

Thanks for coming by and commenting! 


Linking with Love made my Home for Five on Friday HERE

Happy weekend!

21 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and I also wish you
    a very Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 'Mother' cross-stitches
    Happy March to you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy March to you also. My birthday is this month too but I'm way older than 16

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful inspiration for a Five on Friday to use the letters of the month! great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy March and happy Mar birthday to your son. I love your sweet cross stitch pieces. I hope you will enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Five on Friday! As a fellow cross stitcher I love seeing your stitched pieces. I love stitching for my Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your March looks delightful. I love your little Mother cross stitch pillow. Happy March to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for a post and so apt. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post !
    We celebrate Mothers in May, here...
    Have a great weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching, Happy March !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. Love your pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely tribute to the month of March :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a sweet and creative post Christine! Your needlework pieces are so very pretty... Such a lovely post to celebrate
    March's arrival. Have a lovely weekend and thank you so much for coming by my blog for a visit!

    Hugs..
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pillows are so pretty! Happy March to you also! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post was so much fun! Thank you. Lovely sentiment to March.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute post, I love the pillows you stitched for your Mother. flowers coming out is my favorite of spring :)
    A Happy Birthday to your son, they sure do grow up fast don't they.
    My hubby and I were just talking how the birds seem to be singing a bit more the past few weeks, I think they are just as happy to see Spring coming.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for writing Mothering Sunday rather than Mothers' Day! I have a constant bee in my bonnet about it. The sun is shining today and I am ready for spring, new blooms, lambs and all. Hope you had a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a neat post! I love seeing all of the special things in your beautiful land and in your house. Wow your son turns 16? It seems like he was just a little guy the other day. Don't they grow up too fast? I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!