Tuesday, 28 February 2017

(Low Carb) Pancake Day!

 Happy Pancake Day!  Just thought I'd share my take on low carb pancakes that I made today.
Maybe you've come across this recipe (or something similar) for low carb pancakes, but this is so easy so here we go!

1. Mash up a medium sized banana in a bowl with a fork.



2. Break a medium sized egg into the banana mixture and beat together with the fork, like this:


3. In order to hold the mixture together, i've found from experience that a tablespoon of self raising flour helps.  mix in thoroughly and you're ready to cook on a preheated griddle/pan with some spray oil to coat it.


From this mix you should get about four small pancakes.  Let them cook for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.


And depending on how healthy you want to be, serve with fruit toppings, whole fruit, melted butter and maple syrup , dust with icing sugar, or my favourite, chocolate hazelnut spread! DELICIOUS!


Hope you all enjoy a very happy Tuesday!



15 comments:

  1. Yummy.....................
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your hazel nut spread is delicious with the banana in this recipe.
    I will have to give this a try, yours look wonderful~

    Joy! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your hazel nut spread is delicious with the banana in this recipe.
    I will have to give this a try, yours look wonderful~

    Joy! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tempting recipe, darling Christine, I'm going to try it at once, with my afternoon tea !

    MUCH LOVE TO YOU

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is worth a try. Yet such is not eaten. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love these pancakes! We've been enjoying tasty berries that would be good alongside the pancakes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful recipe, they look amazing. A must try...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea - thank you! I'm going to give it a try. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So easy but it looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine!!! I made these tonight! I took a couple of photos but mine didn't come out as pretty as yours! But they were YUMMY! I ate mine with just butter on top along with a big patty of sage sausage. They were SO good! I know it's going to be one of my favorite recipes now. You know I can't eat sugar so I'm always looking for recipes that I can use. I ate 2 of them and that was perfect! Thank you SO much my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen these in a couple of places but haven't given them a try yet. I am a maple syrup on my pancakes kind of gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, have just seen your recipe idea on Diane's blog.

    It's so good to share recipe ideas, and we each have our favourites, or those that may better suit our individual health care needs.

    We love low carb pancakes ... but husband Eddie cannot eat Bananas as they send his blood sugar levels too high (he is Type 2 Diabetic) here is the low carb recipe we use.
    http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/pancake-day-low-carb-way-tuesday-28th.html

    We live the Low Carb High Fat (moderate protein) lifestyle.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!