Friday, 17 February 2017

Five on Friday


We braved the wild weather this half term and headed for the seaside town of Newcastle County Down.  As you can see the rainclouds rolled in but we made the most of our day out at the beach!

So here are five snapshots of our visit

1. Along the promenade we had fun taking pictures in the Globe - you can just make out the lower slopes of the Mournes in behind it.


2. Another new sculpture is this lovely starfish.



 3. It's compulsory to go beachcombing and shell collecting!



 4. Another compulsory part of any visit to the seaside is to enjoy an ice cream or a 99 poke meaning it has a chocolate flake in it too!  SOOOO GOOD!


 5. This is the ice cream parlour where I bought our ice creams and this really is a sweet spot for hubby and me.  When we were just teenagers and starting to date, we would come in here on a summer's evening and have knickerbocker glories or banana boats! What a treat! Oh to be young!


So that's my five on Friday and thanks to Amy for hosting at 



Happy weekend!


22 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place. I like that starfish sculpture and the ice cream looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place.. I also love collecting sea shell on the sea shore..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the seashore in any kind of weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty pictures!
    Have not heard of the 99 poke before!
    Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of poke 990r knickerbocker glories. Please share the next time you get those. I love the beach! TFS. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah love the ice cream. Looking forward to eating them in the summer when I come home to visit - can't go to the seaside without having one! Looks like a lovely day out - I love the starfish sculpture.

    Happy Five on friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this beautiful place with your sweet memories of young love <3 The ice cream looks wonderful! I am happy to 'meet' a fellow prim lover, too! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think there should be a universal law that all ice cream parlors be painted pink. It just seems so fitting, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shiny globe and starfish. Looks like it's a great place to visit. Have a good weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great day out, loved the starfish sculpture and always a joy to have a 99.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Collecting shells along the beach is addictive, isn't it. That globe is very cool and I love the ice cream parlour; such a pretty pink and cute building.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love visiting the sea, and you picked 5 great photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that starfish sculpture. It is winter here and our beaches are freezing and windy...very refreshing but not very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing like the beach for a break. Love the starfish and shell collecting! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great five! A day at the beach is always good, whatever the weather. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great 5 !
    Have a nice weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you all had a great time even with the rain. I love walking the beach to find the shells and pretty rocks. I had forgotten all about the chocolate flakes in the ice cream until you showed it. The ice cream shop looks like a fun place to visit and how neat you have good memories of the place from when you were dating :) Hope your enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the art...the big ball with your reflection is very neat! And I'd be right beside you on the beach looking for seashells! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello from Rostrevor :)
    I love a day trip to Newcastle - haven't spotted the starfish yet - I'm loving reading the comments about a poke :) Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely vacation! I adore that starfish sculpture. Sounds like a place of some wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely place, I am so glad you shared. I love the starfish! The ice cream looks yummy too. What a fun thing to go do for a break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!