Friday, 13 January 2017

Hyggelig Home!

 In the last few months I've been coming across bits and pieces of information about the Danish concept of 'Hygge' (hue-ga). Its that state of mind where you enjoy the simple pleasures of winter and life in general, at home and amongst friends and family, stress free and cozy!

So here are five little hyygelig home ideas to share with you.
1. Lots of candles and strings of fairy lights for a warm inviting space.


2.  Put a fire on and warm your toes up! Enjoy a good read and cuppa in front of the glowing logs!



 3. Enjoy the comforts of home with lots of soft, furry fabrics, cushions and throws.


4. Wood and wicker baskets are 'warmer'



5. Enjoy some home baking - some Danish apple pie for me!


Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend already!

Don't forget my little Winter Giveaway


 on my last post or click HERE to go and sign up!



Thanks so much to Amy for hosting Five on Friday 
Linking HERE

Thanks to Suzanne for Saturday Sparks link up at Pieced Pastimes HERE


Best wishes!

17 comments:

  1. It looks perfect Christine. So warm and inviting. I love all of your pictures.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ideas! Might try some this weekend :)
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful concept. I like this and it could easily be adapted to ant time of year and anywhere you are

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Five on Friday. Lovely photos. I especially like seeing the one in front of the fireplace. It looks so toasty and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me thinks the Danish have it right. Thanks for sharing! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is brimming with Hygge! Everything looks so comfy and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful five, you are certainly blessed with a beautiful and inviting home. Loved the idea of lights in a glass bowl, I did a couple at Christmas but didn't think to leave them out. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've already heard and read about this 'new' word, ... well, your home is filled with Hygge, it looks so cozy and warm !

    Enjoy the end of your week with joy

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely hygge moments. I am reading my hygge book today and really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your warm and cozy ideas! Makes me want to curl up with a book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I wish we had a fireplace....smiles...thank you Christine for your ideas. Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For a perfect cosy winter day...
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all of your photo's, they are so warm and inviting. I feel right at home. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  14. very lovely.. best for relaxing..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love this post! I purchased several plush throws for winter and my cats have taken them from me! lol
    Wishing you a blessed day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great ideas to enjoy the warmth inside while it is chilly outside!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!