Monday, 21 November 2016

Dry Goods Box


I had a go at covering a plain old cardboard box with some stiffened burlap today to make a storage box for this console table.



I just cut the burlap sheet to fit the sides of the box and used my glue gun to stick them on to it, after I'd written DRY GOODS & NOTIONS free hand onto the burlap with a sharpie.

Admittedly a stencil would have been better but all in all I like it tucked in there.


This is the side and on each I kept it simple with 1864.


I'm sure it will be a useful catch-all box!

Linking with 




Thanks for coming by!

Wishing you a great week!


10 comments:

  1. This is a perfect catch all box you have created. Love the lettering, too! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow
    great job dear .
    i have one made by my hubby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive. Such a simple but very effective idea, definitely one to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out wonderful, you did a great job, and the box perfectly matches the table. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely idea !!!!!
    Have a fun day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and it looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great. I never would have guessed that was just a cardboard box. You did a fantastic job free handing the lettering

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so charmed by your Dry and Good Box talking of past times, that's the art I so love, I'm sincerely grateful to you, dearest Christine, for everything, just everything you share, sweet friend !

    Hope you're having the best of weeks,
    I'm sending all my love to you

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay that was weird. I was typing my comment and it just disappeared. So if you get an odd comment sorry. I love that box. It looks like an old dry goods box. You always inspire me. What a really neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just too clever, I love how this turned out and oh my goodness I can't believe you did that writing freehand it is just perfect, great addition to your decorating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!