Monday, 3 October 2016

Jute Edging Tutorial


Here's another little pinkeep I stitched and as you can see it is pretty but pretty plain and in need of an extra little something.

So this is the edging I stitched around it with some jute


Some DMC floss


I held the end of the jute to the bottom of the pinkeep, holding it over the closed up part and stitched over the end  a few times to hold it in place.


To begin the edging stitch, bring your needle over the jute cord diagonally, about a quarter of an inch from the first stitch. Put the needle in under the jute through the two sides of the pillow.


Continue stitching in this way bringing the thread over in a diagonal.


At the same time keep the jute cord taut along the seam of the pillow so it will be hidden by the cord.


When you have stitched around the pillow, cut the remainder of the cord


 Stitch over this last end firmly several times to secure it.


So that's it edged and finished!


I hope this makes sense and you were able to follow these steps!



Linking to The Really Crafty Link up Party 
Click on link below



Many thanks for all your birthday wishes on my last post!

Have a great week!


17 comments:

  1. I really like the look of that. That's a great way to finish off a project

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this. The edging is the perfect finish. We have a sweet 7 yr old girl who lives next door who loves to collect the acorns falling off the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great idea. I have done this with fabric before, but jute is nice too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice tutorial. I am always looking for something to finish the edges of my pin keeps. That looks wonderful. Good idea too, I would have never thought of that. It looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine, loved the tutorial, and love acorns so. Great job,Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jute edging, Christine, is the perfect finishing touch to your lovely pin keep. Thank you for the tutorial....it is such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing, I really like the way you have finished it. A easy to follow tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great way to add extra detail! love it.
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this adorable little pillow! That jute edging is so perfect -- great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhh I love ittttttttttttt....smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty , and that jute stitched on was a perfect compliment to your stitching, it looks great on an angle like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like it with the jute cord edging, it looks lovely and rustic and it goes so well with the rest of the design. Thanks for the tutorial as well, I must try to have a go at something similar soon. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated Birthday, dearest Christine, I'm always so delighted by visiting you here, wonderful friend of mine !

    Hope you're having the best of weeks,
    I'm sending my dearest love to you
    with utmost gratitude for sharing always such amazing works of art

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy birthday dear Christine.you are amazing artist .loved your new creation .
    best wishes for your days ahead

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's really pretty, and it would love lovely on a larger size too, to use as a regular pillow. Thank you for sharing the tutorial at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!