Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Primitive Inspiration


As primitive stores and treasures are not available here, I have to make the best of my time on vacation and browse the stores carefully and sweet hubby is very patient in allowing me time to browse to my heart's content!

It is so much fun just to admire though at times I sigh as I can't bring home larger items - or the more expensive ones like these two amazing pieces for Christmas! Aren't they lovely - they're each about 2ft tall at least.


When I see displays like this I an inspired to try the same decorating ideas at home with some of my own accessories.


There was a mixture of patriotic and fall displays.


Do you love Fixer Upper with Chip and Joanna? I love their  home makeover show and thought this lighting fixture was like something they would use, and I loved it too!


I hope to work on a makeover piece soon  thanks to these visits and pictures.

Are you  working on or planning any makeovers?

Hope to hear from you and wish each a fun filled week 

Thanks for your visit!

14 comments:

  1. I am trying to makeover the kitchen....with a new primitive valance and I have my eye on some other things...smiles

    Love Fixer Upper and would like to have them redo a house for me. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the photos, I sometimes see that program at my son's house. I think I like their farm the best of anything they show.
    I have some very old wood facings I have been saving, and a couple of pallets I would like to use up. I'd like to make a wood tote I think with the door facings.
    If I can get that nice wood off the pallets without cracking it, I'd like to wainscot one bedroom wall with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Santa on the reindeer is incredible. What a pity you couldn't take them home with you. Love those light fittings, they are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the beautiful eye candy, I sure would love to find a prim shop like that, none like that in my area either. I love looking and getting new ideas. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic pics!! ♥ Many thanks for sharing :-). Have a happy day! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I just LOVE the baskets over the light bulbs....what a charming look :)

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos, my friend. There's definitely a lot of inspiration in each one. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty and inspirational items. We love Chip and Joanna. We often say we wish they would come and help us! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun stuff! I especially like that huge blue lantern! Looks like you enjoyed your browsing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad you couldn't bring home the bigger pieces, next time you will have to mail them back home to yourself :) Looks like you got some great inspiration from the trip... and yes I do watch Fixer upper, I love their style also and he is just too funny, reminds me of my hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear ya Christine, no prims here in Winnipeg. Sad when we can't bring home bigger treasures but great ideas we find... Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Fixer Upper..never miss a show. Also love the Christmas goodies on your post. So wish I could my hands on an Arnett's Santa. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute things!! Those lampshades... I covered two lamps with shades like that a couple years ago!! I just finished a repurposed piece of furniture.... hope to post it next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine, I especially like that lantern in the third photo! I've never seen one quite like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!