Friday, 22 July 2016

Henry ford museum & Greenfield Village

 Happy weekend! I'm hoping I don't put you off with so many photos in today's post but I really had a hard time whittling all my photos down to just this many.

We visited the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in Dearborn Detroit on our way through Michigan and although expensive, I truly enjoyed the experience and would advise a full day for a visit.


Firestone farm with harvest and haymaking in full swing.



I loved the Cotswold Cottage


Seeing a covered bridge is always a bonus for me!


You could pay extra for a fide in a Model T


Below is the original home of Robert Frost



It was so hot we were glad to go inside to the motor museum and that building is just beautiful






I'll stop there and hope you enjoyed this little tour!

Linking with Amy's five on Friday and hope she'll forgive me for going over quota!


Back soon!

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place to visit. Henry Ford bought a plantation in our town and built a huge house, must be nice to be rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited there when I was a child...always nice to see the Oscar Meyer mobile. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a wonderful place to visit. I would enjoy that. LOVE the picture of the firestone farm

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...hubby and I love love the village. We go all of the time. Holiday Nights is awesome. The entire village is lit with paper lanterns.Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely photos, Christine. What a wonderful place to visit. Love the motor museum; the chandelier is gorgeous. Isn't the Oscar Meyer mobile fun??

      Delete
  5. Will certainly have to put this on the list of places to visit. thanks for your tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing place to visit, you certainly took us on a wonderful tour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, looks like you had a fun vacation.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post !!!! It seems like you went back in time...and had a wonderful vacation !!!
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great place to visit. Your photos look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Oscar Mayer Weinermobile brings back lots of memories. Love the Cotswolds cottage, too! I can see why it was hard to whittle down your photos for posting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's on my Bucket List. Thanks for the nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun!!! I need to go back to Michigan. We didn't make it to Detroit, so that would be so interesting. I loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a fun place to visit and so much to see and do, we haven't been there for over 5 years though so I imagine things have changed. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!