Friday, 29 July 2016

Five on Friday


Happy Friday once again and time to link up with Amy at Love Made My Home for five on Friday.

Being back home after a lot of travelling makes you thankful for just being home! As I pottered around it was lovely to enjoy the sunlight streaming in at my front door and I just savoured the contentment that is home.

If you look on the table you will see this sign propped up (for now).  It was a surprise gift from DH on holiday in Ohio.  A great reminder of home too even though its not Ohio! I love it and hubby's thoughtfulness!


As you can see there is a bicycle in the sign and that's because hubby loves all things cycle related so he treated himself to this cute wooden tricycle which fits in with our living room decor and has a nostalgic feel. A sweet little souvenir!


Blue is the colour we both love and chose for our main room and I loved this checkered mat and best of all I could fit it in the case!


A little touch of whimsy this time in the shape of a chicken again in tones of blue though the light makes it look grey.


Isn't it just human nature though, to be moving on in a hurry to the next thing and already I'm starting autumn/fall crafting with some of this lovely fabric I brought home with me from Berlin Ohio.

Time is passing quickly!

So that's my five and if you click HERE you can go to Amy's blog and find out what others have in their Five on Friday.

Many thanks and hope you enjoy the weekend!


Best wishes

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful five. Some fun souvenirs. It is too hot here and fall won't be here until late October. But it is nice to dream of cooler days and fun fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this post, Christine. Hot here in western NY, but, I am looking forward to cooler weather and even winter. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!
    I always enjoy your sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great five, I loved the sign what a sweetheart your husband is. The fabric was stunning, looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a nice souvenirs, your hubby's tricycle and the lovely sheep/chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, the thing I love about 5 on Friday is meeting new bloggers like yourself. Thanks for dropping by Rivercrest. I'm your newest follower. Anyone who crafts Fall in July is a bossom buddy of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes,love home. Great picture of the streaming sunlight Christine,so lovely. Wonderful treasures you found, love them. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your home decor as it seems that everything has a special meaning. That's the way I decorate, too..I'm excited to see what you will make from these lovely fabrics. I sometimes feel nostalgic for winter which is nonexistent here in southern California. Enjoy your day dear friend. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tricycle !!!
    Have a lovely weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue is my favorite color too, though I don't decorate much with it. Always good to get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely five. And "savoured the contentment that is home" is a very good phrase, I think, one that will stick with me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely treasures that decorate your lovely home, Christine. I love the first photo with the sun steaming through the glass door. How lovely to open the door and see that sign welcoming you. The blue and white mat is pretty and the chicken is so sweet as is the bicycle. I wonder what pretty you will fashion with those fabrics. I am rather looking forward to Spring, way down here. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little chicken is cute ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely things to remember travels and to treasure! The sign is especially nice isn't it!! Thank you too for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great August and I look forward to seeing you again in September! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great finds on your trip, I love when we can bring home little treasures to have in our home that remind of us of our time away, love that little cycle and have fun creating with the pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christine, love all of your treasures, that fall fabric is gorgeous, can't wait to see what you are going to make with it. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!