Monday, 25 July 2016

And on to Amish country

 After our time in Michigan, we headed south for Amish country in Holmes County Ohio.  The farmlands in this area are rolling hills and well kept farmsteads.

Its not uncommon to hear the Amish buggies roll by with the clip-clop of horses hooves.




Berlin is one of the best towns in the area for prim stores and The Country Craft Cupboard has a great selection of patterns and supplies which I will share at a later date!


Some of the displays in the stores!  So much to see and choose from!





If only I could have brought home this display with wagon and crocks!



Thanks for visiting and hope you enjoyed the tour!

lots more in store for another day!

Best wishes

13 comments:

  1. I so would love to have a little shop like that. We have Mennonite and Amish up here in western NY as well. Have a beautiful day, Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite sure I'd have to take out a second mortgage if I went over there - such lovely stuff!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to admire and envy the Amish their way of life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks like a great store to visit. I'm pretty sure Berlin is close enough that I could make that a day trip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Amish landscape and what a lovely store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I enjoyed it a lot, Christine, wonderful pics! Thanks for sharing :-).
    Sunny greetings! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Kim, great Amish pictures and would love to browse in the store, many treasures.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see what goodies you found and brought home with you. I so love those kind of stores, we have one here in our town and you feel like there is so much to look at you are bound to miss something, they always have them displayed so well. Glad you found a fun store to do some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely store...I wish I was there too...
    Have a nice day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. That store looks amazing. I suppose you could spend hours in them looking at all the pretty things on offer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love those crocks too. How nice.
    I have wanted to go to Berlin Ohio for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh...what a beautiful shoppe, so much to look at and enjoy. I could see many items that I would love to have in my home. Thank you for sharing with us.
    There is something beautiful about seeing the Amish in their buggies,
    Great photos!

    Enjoy your summer days in all their glory~~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!