Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Completed Cross Stitch Pieces

 April has taken wings, it seems, and sadly, my cross stitch work was left unfinished for weeks.  I love the therapy of stitching all those tiny x's and seeing the design come together on the linen before my eyes.  However I find the task of finishing the completed design rather difficult.  I don't just want to make them all into pin keeps but the skill of making something else escapes my basic sewing ability.

Any tips gratefully received!

So this little pin keep is a free Mother's day chart from The little Stitcher.blogspot.com in her freebies section
Mine is stitched on 28ct antique white linen
I adore the colour scheme!


So lovely for a Mother's day gift!


The second finish is another free pattern from Busy Hands Crafts HERE

This time it is a sewing pouch for all those little notions and bits'n'bobs.  A really sweet idea!

 Stitched on 28ct antique white linen and attached to 32ct raw Belfast linen



A lovely spring design!


Wishing you a wonderful week and many thanks to all who visit.
Please let me know you dropped by!

Best wishes!

19 comments:

  1. So pretty. I sometimes make little projects into lavender bags, or even cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I just finished a punch needle door knob pocket and I really like seeing that little pocket hanging on the knob, maybe that is an idea for you. I filled with raffia in the bottom and then a little bunny that I made and some dried Sweet Annie. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christine they are both so lovely , I love the look of cross-stitch on linen but I have to do mine on Aida cloth in order to see the stitches well. The colors you have used on them are so pretty and just perfect! For my smaller stitchings I have made them into cards, but only for special people that I know will appreciate them, I have also made bands to go around my big candles that are in glass jars, it gives a little extra decoration to the candle. Have a fantastic week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love seeing your hand work. So pretty. I never know what to do with mine either. I have so many pinkeeps now.I hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my darling Christine, I so love them both, but I definitely your first work won my heart ... I watched on your Etsy shop but i saw that it's not on sale yet ... I was thinking about Mom ... ツ ... if you put it on sale, just let me know, dearie !

    Hope your week is off to a great start I wish you wonderful days to come,
    sending my dearest love to you

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillow is so incredibly sweet, my friend! And I just love the sewing pouch :)

    Your handiwork is always beautiful, dear Christine. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such an adorable pinkeep! Now you have made me want to take up cross stiching again. It's been years and I am so rusty. So to me, you are expert level. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both lovely Christine - I have several of mine framed and then they're always on display (and protected)! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice. You do such nice work. I can't think of anything besides what has already been mentioned for finishing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful... have a beautiful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Evening Christine, love the sweet stitchery, very beautiful. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful finishes Christine, thanks so much for sharing them! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling Christine,
    as soon as I read your email I answered you, probably you haven't read it yet or haven't received it ?
    Please let me know, sweetie !

    Much love to you

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet creations !!!!
    Have a lovely day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both your works are incredibly beautiful!
    So lovely for Mothersday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable pieces! Anyone, a mother or not, would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very creative indeed. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!