Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Free Spring Blessings Candle Mat Pattern

 To welcome the arrival of spring and just to thank you for following my blog and being such great blogging companions, I have created this free Spring Blessings candle mat pattern for you to copy and use as you like!  I love blue so thats what I went with but you can go with the colour of your choice!

I used a stone coloured wool felt for the base and cut a pretty scalloped edge and back stitched the letters.

I also finished the edge using blanket stitch.

Here is is with a candle

This is the template I used though rather than cutting individual petals for the tulips, I cut out one flower head in that shape to make it easier to appliqué.


Thank you so much for your friendship and hope you can share your finished mat with me!

I am linking with Stephanie's very last Roses of Inspiration party and have to say a special word of thanks to her for hosting all this time and being so sweet and lovely.

Do check out others.
The Enchanting Rose


Also excited to link with The Really crafty Link Party


Best wishes!


19 comments:

  1. Oh, that's just beautiful! Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. Your stitching looks so perfect. Thanks for the pattern, it's really cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful mat, love the blanket stitch edge.

    ReplyDelete

  4. My darling Christine,
    what an inspiring work of art ... with your so lovely friendship, you are a blessing for us all, believe me, WE have to be grateful to you !

    Hope you're having a blessed week,
    I'm sending much love to you

    Dany

    ReplyDelete

  5. My darling Christine,
    what an inspiring work of art ... with your so lovely friendship, you are a blessing for us all, believe me, WE have to be grateful to you !

    Hope you're having a blessed week,
    I'm sending much love to you

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  6. My darling Christine,
    what an inspiring work of art ... with your so lovely friendship, you are a blessing for us all, believe me, WE have to be grateful to you !

    Hope you're having a blessed week,
    I'm sending much love to you

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, dear Christine.. You are so talented.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mat is so pretty that you made Christine! Happy spring to you. Have a lovely week too.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!

    And blessings to you and yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweeeeeeet !!!!!
    Have a shinny day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Christine for being my friend too. May God's abundant blessings be upon you too. That is a lovely spring candle mat.!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Christine for being my friend too. May God's abundant blessings be upon you too. That is a lovely spring candle mat.!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty Christine! I love your stitching work!
    Happy spring to you and Happy Easter too!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely mat, very nice for spring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice project Christine...I love your stitching work!!!
    Happy Easter :)
    Un baiser

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely little spring candle mat!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just Beautiful Christine!! Such pretty stitching on your project, I love these for a base for a candle! I use to have that color of grey wool felt but I don't think I have that big of a size left, the blue is so pretty against it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!