Wednesday, 10 February 2016

You light up my Life!



Hello friends! I'm back as promised with another Valentine's Day heart themed craft for you.

But let me also thank you all for your kind words regarding my aunt. You are all such a comfort.


So I saw this tutorial for Christmas lights and thought it would work equally well for Valentines's.

You just need some glass jars and print off some free sheet music and cut out a heart in proportion to your jar.

Glue on to the jar - I recommend just a strip on the edge and press onto the glass the wrap around the jar and finally glue down the closing edge.

Place a little votive candle inside - you could use a real candle - that's why you should place the paper on the outside - but a little battery operated candle means I don't need to worry!



Just to jazz it up a bit I tied a little homespun heart and some pip berries around it too!


Playing about with editing effects - this is a grunge effect




And this is how my finished Valentines shelf now looks...



hope you feel inspired to try some yourself !

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!


Thanks to our hosts, Jann, Carol and Jo

Lots of great ideas!


Best wishes


25 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, love the heart jar, looks so cozy.Thanks Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Christine,

    So bee-u-tee-ful, I love your Valentine shelf.

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea. It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the love votive holders. Pretty on the nightstand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely idea. How pretty your Valentine lights look on your shelf. I love the button heart hanging there. Everything is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty shelf, and the imaginative lanterns. Heart it's still nice. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like those and your finished shelf looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine, I like you have seen this done for Christmas. Love the idea of doing it for Valentines! A heart filled with a little light sends out a lot of love! Have a Happy Valentines and thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooove it! I've used paper to cover jars for candles but never thought of cutting a heart out of the paper. What a neat idea! Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome. Great idea. I am already thinking Halloween too. TFS Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a simple, but elegant idea! Love your prim Valentine jars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Christine...I love this idea and how pretty these jars look with the sheet music... Just beautiful! Thank you for the sweet inspiration...the candles look very romantic, especially with the little fabric hearts!
    With love and hugs...happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely idea for Valentine.
    Love the music paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely idea
    It's looking so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! I might need to make some of my own. They turned out just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How pretty! Just a lovely idea. I have loads of old sheet music. A love song would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christine, what an inspiring idea !!!!
    That's the first time I see a decoration making me feel so much enthusiastic, I have to do it !
    Thank you for this wonderful post,
    my darling, sending lots of love to you,
    with so much gratitude
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute sweetie! I am wondering if you could print the music in red? Maybe a fancy printer would do that! LOL
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  19. The heart jar with the music sheet is very pretty. Great idea. Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  20. The heart jar with the music sheet is very pretty. Great idea. Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  21. great idea, love it for recycling jars, your shelf is now complete, so pretty... I too love those battery operated lights now they are great for no worry lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun idea!

    Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!