Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Tuesday Thoughts



Here we are half way through February and just passed Valentine's Day which I hope you all enjoyed with lots of love and flowers and chocolates!

At the start of the month, I read a post by Kim, aka Farm Girl and she listed 10 things she loved about this month.  Kim always inspires and encourages me by her thoughtful, godly insights and the love of her family and farm.  I was encouraged then and there to write a similar post and want to share it with you today.

1. I love February because it means winter is nearly over and spring is waiting in the wings!


It's wonderful to see the buds appearing and never more beautiful and colourful!

2. Of course February is the month of love and I even managed to make a few more hearts to decorate with.
I think I could keep this one out all spring as it has button flowers on it.



This heart is a more primitive one, hand stitched and patched up - a mended heart!


3. I love this month as the birds start really chirping again.

4. The weather becomes a little milder here and on a good dry day I love being able to hang out the washing on the line!

5.I love the stretch in the evenings, the longer days mean we can get out and about more.

6. Having said that, I still love that we are altogether around a nice warm fire. Home is where the heart is, and I am a home bird!

7. These winter evenings are great for handwork and stitching and of course blogging! You are all wonderful friends and so encouraging.  It is always heartening to read your comments and to visit you in return and be inspired!


So that's my list and hope you are blessed!

Joining Stephanie for Roses of Inspiration

The Enchanting Rose

Thanks so much for your visit!


Best wishes

26 comments:

  1. Hello, The hearts are pretty. Lovely post and all good reasons to love February! Happy Tuesday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww the hearts are so pretty ..so cute
    Love them so much
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Christine...no signs of spring here in western NY. sigh...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Christine,

    Oh, that is so bee-u-tee-ful (just like you). And, February is Mom's birthday month.

    Last Saturday Dad brought the mail in and I got a Valentine's Day card from Wilbur, he lives in Australia. Oh, I just love my card and I sleep with it under my pillow every night. We see each other once a year, at Camp Good Bear. My heart skips a beat when I see him standing by the big oak tree. It's our traditional meeting place. Sigh.....

    Hugs,
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely list Christine.. Your hearts are so sweet. Your work is always so charming. Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Tamara <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is a cozy oasis, and since discovering it, I've loved dropping by to see what you're shared. I really enjoyed your post today - the 7 things you love about February really spoke to me! It's my favorite month because it's the month my son was born.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. I don't know if I could come up with that many things I like about February though...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sweetest Christine,
    I also love February ... maybe because it's the month in which I was born and when we do have so many birthdays ... or maybe because here, almost every year, is already Spring ... !

    Hope your week is off to a great start, I wish you so lovely days to come,
    sending much love to you
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Christine, your hearts are lovely, as is the sampler in your header. Nice effort on reasons to like February!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely thoughts on why you love February, Christine. Spring is just around your corner as your lovely flowers reveal their delightful buds. Autumn is slowly appearing here with a change in the air and light, and of course the trees are beginning to change into their delightful Autumnal frocks. I love both your hearts, both are so pretty and could be decorating your home all year. Wishing you a lovely week....hope you steal a few moments to sit in front of that cosy fire of yours, and perhaps enjoy a little stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Afternoon Christine, enjoyed reDing your 7 things you love about February, made me smile!!!!! Lovely hearts you have too, blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely post, love your hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful thoughts for February. Your hearts are all very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hearts are so sweet, love the button flowers, and the primitive with the patch is so cute. Always so good to look back on all those things we are thankful for and appreciate in our lives. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a lovely list. I loved everything on it today. I love knowing that you have that kind of weather there, I love that top picture, I love that color of those buds. Your hand work is lovely too. Can you tell I have been reading old books?
    I love being at home too. Such a nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list Christine! You are so blessed that so many people come to read your blog and comment. It shows how much we love what you share! The hearts are so cute!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all of your beautiful hearts, and so glad Spring is getting closer. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a cosy day, homy bird !!!!
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your February post and the lovely hearts. Today it is a sunny day and we look forward to the spring.
    Hugs,
    Loes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful things to be glad about in February and to remind us of good things yet to come!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty hearts! Enjoyed reading the things you love about February. I like the fact that it means spring is getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful pink buds and adorable hearts! I do like February since it is the month we get most of our snow. Give me one pretty one an then give me spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your hearts are so charming, my friend. I love the detail that you put into each item you make.

    Ah, spring is just around the corner. It's been rather spring-like here in the mountains and our snow is going quickly :)

    Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!