Friday, 12 February 2016

Decorating with Love



Happy Friday and Happy Valentine's weekend!  I am sharing five Valentine's decorations around my home today for Amy's Five on Friday link up.

I hope those who visit my home including all my blogging friends, feel a sense of love when they come through the door.

That's what I aim for as I arrange and pick and choose where to display things around the rooms.  The reds just seem to be a warm and welcoming colour I love.


So here's the 'trug o' love' (just made that name up for fun!) which is on my hall table as soon as you enter.  It's filled with all sorts of hearts and a pretty little cross stitch Valentine pinkeep, a free pattern by PrimitiveBettys.


I cherish this heart as it was a gift from one of my dearest girlfriends and the sentiment says it all!



Of course my sweet lil' olde heart bear sits up on the shelf sharing some love!



In my red cupboard sits Miss Prairie Heart with her heart apron.



  Another cross stitch heart by Santas and Samplers.  Simple sweet love!


Hope you enjoyed my Five on Friday and please join Amy at LOVE MADE MY HOME 

for more.

Thanks to all my sweet friends and followers!
You are cherished!

Wishing each of you a special weekend of love!


26 comments:

  1. Lovely! A good weekend to you too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Christine, I am loving everyone of your hand sewed hearts! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really like these decorations

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely and cosy decorations you have! Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe so beautiful!! Happy Valentines Day!! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red is a warm and welcoming color! Love your "trug o' love" filled with Valentine goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, they're all too pretty to pick a favorite, but Heart Bear is just the most precious bear I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are sharing a great theme for this Friday! It's a wonderful goal for people to feel loved when they come through your door!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A house full of love....
    Have a Happy Valentine's weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. In your home, my dearest friend, we can breathe love everywhere !!!
    I love every decoration of yours and I'm so tempted by your sweet pillow on your Etsy Shop ....

    May your weekend too be blessed with so much love, sweetie
    sending hugs to you across the many miles,
    with all my heart
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Valentine's Day, Miss Christine. Oh, I love your decorations - so bee-u-tee-ful, but your heart teddy bear - oh my mohair, I am in love. ♥

    Hugs,
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  12. Five very lovely ways to share the love with everyone who comes to your home! They must feel very welcome and loved indeed. Thank you for joining Five On Friday, Happy Valentines! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is so lovely. I do have a thing for hearts. Happy weekend, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely decorations you have shared today. Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day, Pat :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's really lovely Christine - happy Valentine's

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such sweet decorations. I've never been very good at decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What wonderful hearts and a bear to love. Like the trug of love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just wonderful! Particularly love the strawberries and alphabet heart.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful decor Christine! I loved your tug o love! Tee hee hee! Have a happy day!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  20. How welcoming indeed. Agree red is a warning happy welcoming colour

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I am sure that love can be felt in your home by all who enter, such sweet projects to show it too! Handmade means love!! Have a most wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very lovely indeed, warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful - love the sampler style heart at the end, have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Christine, thankyou for your visit. Loving your Trug of Love and all of your hearts.
    Old Bear is so adorable. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!