Friday, 4 December 2015

Five on Friday

 Another week closer to Christmas and no doubt packed to the rafters with activities and shopping for you as well as me!  But then that is the hustle and bustle of Christmas that makes it fun and exciting (not mentioning stressful - this is a happy post!)
But I must warn you that the calorific content of this post is dangerously high and I cannot be held responsible for anything you might consume afterwards!!


So here we go for another Five on Friday roundup!

We went into browse around the continental Christmas markets in front of Belfast City Hall

It was beautifully illuminated

Most of the stalls were food related...uh oh!  FUDGE and I mean that literally by the ton!


Churros and chocolate sauce and marshmallows!  Oh my!


Then we went shopping in Castle Court Mall
More festive cheer!

Thirdly I was able to spend some time babysitting my sweet wee nephew who's 11 weeks old now!
He was as good as gold!


But back to food and I was out for lunch on Wednesday with my badminton group.  We went to a restaurant that was new to me - nicely decorated and rustic inside.


This was my starter, deep fried Brie - one of my favourites - I wasn't counting calories!

 
A very filling turkey and ham main with all the trimmings and I didn't even pause to take a photo of my pavlova dessert!

 
And where did all that lead me? Straight into temptation and I came home and made the kids chocolate chip cookies and might have had one with a cuppa!




Oh I am feeling guilty now but that was my week and I have been truthful! 
Christmas is a time of feasting and I've definitely got off to a flying start!



Just head over to see what others have been up to!

hope you enjoy your weekend!

20 comments:

  1. OM many G's!!! That all looks so incredibly delicious!!! I would have struggled to stay away from the fudge, and the cheese, and the churros and....!! Glad for you that you have been having great fun! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive, like Amy it is the fudge that would have tempted me but then the cookies looked pretty good to. Just popping to the kitchen to see what I can find...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH.MY.GOSH. {{BIG SMILES}}

    Thanks Christine, I just gained 10 lbs, maybe 20,giggling. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Christine,

    Oh boy, goodies. Anything with honey on top, I mean - teddy bear - honey (giggle) but oh what a mess when it gets on my mohair! OUCH.

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my friends says life is short order dessert first

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Thank you for sharing your treats! Now I want cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Looks like you have started the holiday celebrations in style. Such yummy pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet treats! Your little nephew looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've made me hungry and I just finished eating dinner...lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I gained a couple pound just looking at this post, but it was so worth it. ;) The sweets look so yummy! What a cute lil nephew you have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christine, looking very festive, yummy treats indeed... What a living doll your Nephew is, so cute.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely festive foods & treats - you can't beat a bit of fudge can you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful, warm atmosphere, my darling Christine, your photographs already talk about Christmas, and that of your little nephew, well, is so tender and wonderful !
    Have a blessed end of the week,
    with gratitude
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm feeling really hungry now! Some delicious things from you today. Yum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious looking treats!! Your nephew is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful five ! And yummy too...
    Have a great weekend !
    Anna
    your nephew is adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! How will we ever get through the holidays without gaining weight? I love all the goodies . . . including your little nephew, he is adorable and that sweater, so cute!
    Happy Holidays!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummm! All your photos made me hungry! And your nephew is just adorable, if only they stayed little!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your nephew is adorable..You're right ..No calories in that post!!

    Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you have had some fun adventures. It is so fun to see all the places decorated for Christmas and how neat to try out a new restaurant with friends. Your little nephew is just the sweetest, how special to have watched him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!