Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Curtain Ring Christmas Tree Decorations

 Wow! Here we are on the Ist of December, another year almost gone but, happily another Christmas season to prepare for and enjoy!   We are already practicing Christmas carols for our Church carol service and remembering the coming of the Saviour to a humble stable, born to die that we might live!

Time to take down the Christmas decorations too and this year I'd like to add to my tree decorations but I'm not keen on buying over priced plastic.

So just the other day I had a light bulb moment when I was sorting through a cupboard and found these wooden curtain rings which are spare since we redecorated my youngest daughter's bedroom.

They are so easy to decorated in any style you like!


I didn't have to buy a thing! I just brought out my box of tricks and heated up the glue gun!


This was the first more traditional style mini wreath ornament.  I put a dab of hot glue on the back and stuck down the string and started wrapping round and round.


It was nice enough and reminds me of a candy but I got the buttons out again and added that extra detail


Next I used this vintage crocheted ribbon with buttons already attached. (I bought this on vacation in a prim store called Cocalico Creek in Lancaster County.)


Here's how it looks finished

...and hanging on the small tree for now.


This one is really different for me but I'm loving it's frosty, wintery look.  I had white chenille wool and again wrapped it around the curtain ring.  it would be pretty left like that but I got some crystal beads and glued them on

... some blue too!
  But You know I prefer prim things so I had to do one in jute with rusty bells on it and love it too!

It looks great on the tree and I am making more!


Hope you were inspired to try making these too and hope you share them with me!

So pleased to be linking again with



So please check them out!



35 comments:

  1. What a great way to re-purpose napkin rings! They're all cute, but the burlap ones are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use curtain rings and they are all so pretty, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these . . . so pretty.
    Thank you for sharing.
    These would be great for a granddaughter project, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all pretty. I think I am going to try to make these too. I hope mine will be pretty like yours. You do have great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Christine, how sweet, love the look on the tree.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!!! I think they turned out so well. Now I know what I am going to do with that red and white twine I have been hoarding. :) Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Christine, these are precious! I have a slew of these rings and this is just an easy and adorable project. Thanks for sharing the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inspirational, they would make great gift toppers. I particularly love the one with jute and rusty bells. Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sweet friend, you have inspired me! I have some of those curtain rings {they were passed down from an aunt} and I have had them for years.....I simply didn't know what to do with them! But alas, you have shown me what to do! Bless you {{smiles}}

    Your ornaments are darling. I love the white one and the last one with the bells is quite cute. Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are nice! What a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Christine, you made such pretty handmade ornaments for Christmas! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are very sweet and unique ornaments. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh these are great. I love them all but I think the jute ones are my favorites. Nothing beats hand made decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belle e particolari questi addobbi natalizi!
    Buon dicembre
    Letizia

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a clever idea Christine! Would make nice gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Decorações de Natal muito interessantes.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Creativity and beauty !!!
    Your rings are so lovely !!!!!
    Have a nice day !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have been busy making these adorable little wreaths! Looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute idea, so very creative of you, oh my one after the other I thought oh that's my favorite and then I would see the next one, so I will have to say I love them all equally, such great ideas you had to use on them, I don't know if I will have time this year so I will have to pin it for next year, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a clever way to use the curtain rings! I love the candy cane inspired one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a great idea and best of all so easy to personalize, randomize and scrap bust!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love these ornaments, they are wonderful. You are so creative! I made your button Christmas cards & did a blog post. I did credit you & gave a link to your blog. Thanks again. Um, now I might have to make a few of these ornaments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really, REALLY like this concept. Especially the peppermint style.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a creative idea. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I followed you by email...I hope you'll follow me so we can keep in touch. :)
    Walking in the Truth,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow...it's so festivel. A very good DIY idea

    ReplyDelete
  26. What adorable ornaments, Christine! I especially love the red, white and green ring, but the frosty chenille one is also very cute! You are so resourceful!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so neat! Love the one with the jute and rustic bells! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this project and I even have some of those curtain rings. They might be the right size for a little dollhouse wreath too! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  29. So darling! Especially love the burlap ones with the bells and the candy cane looking ones are cute and whimsical! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  30. This link should take you to my new blog and email address.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My darling, you're truly amazing, I'm enchanted by your creativity, bless you !
    Thank you for this lovely, original idea,
    have a most beautiful end of the week
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, wow! What a NEAT idea!! I am visiting you for the first time from Stephanie's link-up! What a lovely blog you have. I will definitely start following you. I love prims, too!! :) God bless you with a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!