Friday, 20 November 2015

Oh Deer!



Happy Friday, friends! I didn't think that I would even manage a post this week as I've hardly had time to blink never mind blog! I'm sharing with Amy at Love made my Home and Five on Friday.

With Christmas  well and truly in our sights, I've been working on some Christmas items, reindeer being amongst my favourite patterns, so when I grabbed a few minutes I've been doing some cross stitch deer!

1. this is from a free pattern I found on Pinterest.  Simple but soon hard to stitch on 32t linen - I nearly gave up but it was too sweet not to finish it! Love how the deer gazes at the star!


2. This was easier on Aida another freebie from Pinterest  Grilles De Marise.
Red and white is a classic combination!



3. I decided to frame this one in a simple white frame which will go well with my newly decorated living room


4. This is an idea for a little pouch rather than another pinkeep. I copied a deer shape from free google images and transferred it to some ticking. Just love the leaping deer!



5. Lastly this deer is a special one as it was the first primitive deer I owned thanks to Wendy of Raavenwood Whimzies as I won her giveaway several years ago

 He is one handsome fella!
h


Thanks so much for visiting and hope to hear from you and return the favour!

Check out more at Amy's Five on Friday!


Enjoy the weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Oh I adore all of your pieces, but especially the red and white, that really is beautiful isn't it!! What wonderful work you do! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your deer. Pinterest is such an awesome source of inspiration.
    I have a deer similar to that last one that my husbands son sent us last year for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christine, love all the deer, one of my favorite animals. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{{Big, Big Smiles}}}---thanks Christine...Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine..
    Your deer are all little dears! Truly... Your handwork is so charming. I'm so envious. I don't have the patience for that kind of work! I have tried but I always end up with too many mistakes. And you do such a nice job.
    Thank you for sharing and have a lovely weekend..
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful five. They are all works of art, you are certainly a very talented lady. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely deers !!!!
    Have a cosy weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your different deer. I give you a lot of credit, I have tried stitching on that linen and it is just too hard for me and now that I am older it is even harder for me to see, I have been sticking to 14 count aida anymore. what a cute little guy you won too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! Great work Christine!! I LOVE that pillow with the star (I bet it was difficult). You're putting me in the holiday mood!! ;) I bet all of the deer things will look so nice in your home.
    Blessings for your week ahead. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love deers and I love all your works, my darling Christine !
    And your giveaway is so very nice, it put a smile on my face, truly !!!

    Sending blessings on your night and on the start of your new week ahead
    With dear love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Christmas items! You have ben busy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot imagine how tedious that first piece was!!! They are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love all the reindeer. thanks for joining my blog, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, if your deer aren't just the cutest! I love the handsome one you won a few years ago - what a cutie pie :)

    Wishing you a lovely week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!