Tuesday, 24 November 2015

No Sew Easy Christmas Idea!

 If you're like me, you love Christmas decorations and especially Christmas trees.  I'm always on the look out for trees to decorate our home with for the holiday season.

If you have followed my blog for any length of time you might have seen my homespun raggedy Christmas tree tutorial on my side bar.

Having a florist's cone or better yet a cardboard cone from a craft store, you can make any number of fun Christmas trees.

For today's tree, there is no sewing involved - only a minimal amount of glue required!
Can't beat that for time and we all know time is of the essence at Christmas!

So I took my cardboard cone and wrapped it in warm and natural batting which I just simply glued onto the cone, carefully pressing down on the joining edge to seal it well.

Trim the base and turn under and again glue into place.

The fun part is that you can decorate this blank 'tree' in so many different ways!

I love red against the snowy white so I traced some wool felt stars and snowflakes and even an elk to decorate my first cone tree.  All you need to do is glue them firmly into place


For a change up, I tried some cut out letters for 'noel' - you could do JOY or you could simply cover the cone in snowflakes or small Christmas tree cutouts or stars - whatever!!

Just have fun and soon you'll have great, easy to make and cheap new trees for Christmas!



So glad to be linking again with Stephanie at Roses of Inspiration 

Do visit for lots more creative ideas and recipes etc.

Many thanks to you for coming by and it would be great to hear from you!


Enjoy your week and to my dear friends in the USA, 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!




19 comments:

  1. What a great make, perfect for the season. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, love the idea, very festive,Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Miss Christine, you are such a gifted artist. We just love everything that you create.

    Happy Thanksgiving
    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your trees you made came out so pretty and perfect for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun and imaginative Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the look of the red on white. These are great. I like how easy they are to make too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine...it's just adorable. Simple, easy, no-sew...right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's my kind of crafting. I did a quick project today that I need to share. It's more fun to keep it quick and easy during the holidays. I love your pretty deer stitching too! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindo gostei.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Et en français, s'il vous plaît !!!
    Lovely !!!
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. The red is so festive against the white. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Christine, I do love the warm and natural batting for the background, and the pretty red looks great against it.
    Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an inspiring idea you're sharing in this post of yours, I'm going to realize something like that with much joy for our next Christmas !
    I heartily thank you, my darling Christine, have a most beautiful end of your week
    with dear love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, my lovely friend! I just love your sweet no-sew trees. You are indeed an inspiration, Christine.

    Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. I hope you're able to join us again this coming Tuesday. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!