Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Fireplace Redo - Before and After

 It's only taken months, but at long last we've replaced our old fireplace! I've waited years for this old monstrosity (below) to be removed and this year DH, finally agreed it was time to do something about it so that we could enjoy cozy fires this winter.  I just snapped a quick pic before it was removed and DH had already taken away the mahogany mantel.


Here is the After photo.
We decided to install a multi burner stove and our garage is now chock full of logs!
We chose a black granite hearth which is so much easier to keep clean.


I have to thank hubby for working hard after he came home from work to get the room back into shape
 Another couple of views of our new mantle piece which is from an architectural salvage firm near us

It's got that 'character'! Inotherwords lots of chips, cracks and old rusty nail holes in it!
  a new willow log basket to complete the fireplace.

 

Hopefull I will try to share some more pictures of our living room makeover with you in the next week as and when I find a few spare moments!


Happy to be linking with Share your Cup Thursday Thanks Jann for Hosting!

But sincere thanks to all who visit and take time to comment.

Have a great week!



22 comments:

  1. How wonderful! It is just gorgeous now. Love the mantle. Using the granite is genius. We have a freestanding wood stove and don't know how we got through winters without it. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, Oh the re-do is lovely. Love the mantle and the black granite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Miss Christine, that is so bee-u-tee-ful. Mr. did such an amazing job, it is wonderful.

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a difference. It looks amazing. Your husband did a fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful change you have made! I would love a log burner myself, so I can totally imagine you cosying up there in the winter and really enjoying it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, the redo fireplace looks beautiful!!!! Great job, love it.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely, Christine.. I love your new wood burner and mantel but I think I loved the old one, too.. lol.. I am sure this one is much more efficient and that is what is necessary these days but it looks wonderful too.. You know me and old things.. I think you may be changing your style a bit??? God bless, my sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to comment that I liked the old way better--then I continued reading---I LOVE THE NEW LOOK. Thanks for the smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Christine, and your mantal is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful renovation !!! The result is perfect, clean and so much classy !
    Have a cosy day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful transformation from the old to the new! I like the old but I like the new one more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It turned out so lovely and I'll just bet that you are enjoying lots of warm and cozy fires. Fireplaces do tend to make most of the heat go right up the chimney. That stove will be much nicer. When we bought this house we closed the damper to the fireplace and just put in electric logs for atmosphere.
    Have a lovely day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sure you won't regret it, I adore my log burner. I love your new mantel, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...what a great transformation! It doesn't even resemble the same place. My son heats his whole house with a wood burner similar to that...they love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Wow what a difference you wouldn't even know it was the same house, great update and he did beautiful work!! Pretty decorating of it, I love when we can reuse old things and it looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uma bela recuperação da lareira.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is incredible, Love your new mantel. What a huge difference. Wonderful job!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is incredible, Love your new mantel. What a huge difference. Wonderful job!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a transformation. Simply beautiful!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  20. My sweetest Christine, you've made such a gorgeous work, congrats on your taste and your creativity !
    Sending blessings on your end of the week
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really turned out beautifully Christine. I love the mantel!! So nice to have that job done, I bet. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!