Friday, 23 October 2015

Five on Friday!

Welcome to another Five on Friday link up with Amy at Love Made my Home!

I think Ive managed to pack in quite a variety of activities this week so the week has flown by!

As you can see, I'm thinking Christmas already! I have been working on some cross stitch freebie patterns that I found on Pinterest.  I love red on white! So traditionally christmas for me!


Whilst the weather is still fairly mild, I'm making the most of the outdoors and took off on my bike again!

It was lovely to cycle along over the autumn leaves and hear the crunch!


Thought I'd share a few of the sights along the way

  A heron in the river watched me warily!

 I passed a small apple orchard - don't they look delicious?

 
Thirdly this week I had to visit an antiques warehouse near my home and really enjoyed the variety of items they have so here are a couple of the weirder ones - a 4ft suit of armour?

 And the Chinese cupboard is lovely but I nearly laughed out loud when I saw the dogs on top!

  I love reading and my SIL and I swap books regularly and at the moment our favourite author is colleen Coble, a Christian writer of mystery with a bit of romance thrown in. This is the box set I read this week, all in a similar vein but good clean light reading .


 And finally what would I do without comfort food or more precisely CHOCOLATE!
I love this stuff and it doesn't last long in our home!


It's Crunchy Peanut Butter and Chocolate bars made as a traybake

Melt 2oz of butter, 1oz of caster sugar, 2 tbspns golden syrup in a saucepan.

Remove from heat when melted and add 4 tbspns of crunchy peanut butter. Mix well.

Crush 6oz of rich tea biscuits or similar and add to the peanut butter mixture. Stir in well.

Press firmly into a 1" deep baking tray and leave to cool completely.

Melt about 6oz of milk chocolate and pour over the cooled base and leave to set and then cut into squares and try to stop yourself !

Thanks for visiting and know that I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Have a great weekend!

Check out more Five on Friday here

25 comments:

  1. Your traybake looks delicious, thanks for the recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive looking traybake, my mouth is watering. A great start with Christmas crafting. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great things Christine. Your traybake looks delicious, but I adore your red and white stitching even more! That is so pretty!!! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Christine, bee-u-tee-ful.

    Happy Weekend.

    Hugs,
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveeeeeee the post....thank you for the smiles...love the dogs, wink. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a nice day for a bike ride. That antique warehouse must have been fun to browse through. I could go for some of those peanut butter chocolate bars

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bike ride with so much to see. Love the Noel, you are so talented. My mouth was watering with those peanut butter bars. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Chinese cabinet! Your reading looks good. Fall is such a wonderful time of year! Beautiful apple orchard, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Christine, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. You have chosen five lovely things to share with us. Lovely photos of your cycle ride and the crunchy bars look delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Christmas stitching, I have not started yet and at this rate I don't know how much I will get done. Yes we have to get out there and enjoy this beautiful fall weather while we can, love the crunch of leaves while walking through the woods :) Your bars look so delicious, I am making some apple crisp today

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Noël !!!!
    Beautiful pictures !!! Funny dogs on the top of the cupboard !!!
    Nothing better than a good book with something sweet to eat ! And a cup of tea or coffee with milk...for me...
    Have a cosy weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine, thank you for your visit and I am following you now. I have not seen an actual apple tree, how nice it would be to pick apples from the tree. I love chocolate too and that crunchy peanut butter & chocolate bar looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christine, thank you for your visit and I am following you now. I have not seen an actual apple tree, how nice it would be to pick apples from the tree. I love chocolate too and that crunchy peanut butter & chocolate bar looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Christine, thank you for your visit and I am following you now. I have not seen an actual apple tree, how nice it would be to pick apples from the tree. I love chocolate too and that crunchy peanut butter & chocolate bar looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My sweetest Christine, what a lovely post you shared, thank you so much !
    Starting from the first little thoughts about Christmas, and then your photographs about your Autumn and finally the Chocolate Cake I do love so much !
    Thank you for the recipe too !

    Have a joyous end of the week
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the red on white too Christine! That will be perfect Christmas loveliness. ;)

    Great Fall photos -and I absolutely love going antiquing or into quirky thrift shops. You just never know what you'll find, and your photo proved that perfectly. I do love that cupboard though. Lol

    And now I'm so hungry for something chocolate and peanut butter. Those bars look scrummy!
    Have a great weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so enjoyed seeing your beautiful photos of fall. The chocolate peanut butter bars look so yummy! I wish I could do needlework like you; the red and white design is perfect for the upcoming holidays. Wishing you the best, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excelentes fotografias gostei do bordado.
    Um abraço e bom Domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely thoughts and photos. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your crossstitch! So pretty. Thanks for sharing your bike ride. Amazing pictures. I want to make those peanut butter squares and I think I might pass on the recipe to my niece as she is a peanutbutterholic!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. There is nothing more beautiful than red cross stitch on white aida for Christmas. Your tray bake looks delicious, one that I am going to have to make! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  23. That tray bake looks delicious, I'm going to have to try it. I have not been out on my bike for a little while, I must get back out on it. Thank you for the inspiration and lovely pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh I do like the cross stitch you've created and I didn't realise Pinterest featured free patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Noel stitchery and what lovely scenes along your biking route. Love those dogs, they are hilarious! And my gosh those peanut butter chocolate squares look delicious, I am willing myself not to copy that recipe!! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!