Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Sunflower PinKeep Easy Make!


 Hello one and all and welcome!  Today I wanted to share with you an easy quick no-sew tutorial for a sweet sunflower pinkeep.

I've been inspired by all the huge sunflowers which are just opening out here in N.Ireland as there hasn't been much sun this summer :-(

So I thought I could brighten up my craft room sewing station with another pinkeep.  I don't know about you, but when I'm sewing I tend to move from one area to another and pinches dotted about help me keep track of the pins and needles!

So here's what you need and probably have in your supplies:

I used a small paper mache  round box - its about 3" in diameter and 1.5" tall.

Some dark brown fabric for the centre approx. 6"x6"

Some yellow felt for the petals - they need to be cut from fairly stiff felt so that they sit well.

Some fiberfil

Take your square of 6x6" brown and a good sized fistful of fiberfil and cover it to make a ball shape

Make sure all the fiberfil is tucked into a ball shape -



Now tuck this ball into the paper mache  box firmly

Next cut at least 12 petals from the yellow felt - as you can see mine were about 2.5" tall

Now begin to tuck them in down the side of the box and the brown fiberfil ball. Make sure they go down firmly; you can use a knitting needle or even a blunt pencil to push them down in. As you place each one, make them overlap slightly.


I also used a strip of matching felt to wrap around the outside of the box and tied it with jute.


Now you're all done and how easy was that! Just stick some pins in it and you're good to go!



I'm so glad you could join me for this tutorial and hope you let me know how you get on.

Pleased to be linking today with Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration.  Just click here to go visit many more wonderful link ups!

Thanks so much!

Christine


25 comments:

  1. Aww! Christine, your pinkeep is perfectly adorable...love how sunflowers inspired you to create something so handy dandy and also lovely... I'm always dropping pins and pricking myself...even though I do have a pincushion! Hee!
    Blessings to you...always lovely stopping by for a visit!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this Christine, so easy to put together and such a pretty result. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Christine.. And a happy little face long after the sunflowers have faded away.. I love working with felt and making little projects. Thank you for sharing your creative and sweet ideas. Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this fun project. Maybe I'll get crafty and make one today! Have a happy day. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great make, such a simple but effective idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, thank you for sharing the wonderful tutorial, I love tutorials. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is cute Christine! Thank you for sharing and putting up a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is certainly the cutest little pin cushion I have seen in a while! I love sunflower anything :) Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sunflowers and your pinkeep is awesome. What a fun project

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this and thank you for the tutorial.

    Hugs

    Hi Miss Christine, it's me - Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can quite relate to needing these in multiple places! Thanks for the great tutorial! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine, Oh this is cute as can be. I love it and thank you for the great tutorial sharing your steps. I too can relate to needing these on my sewing table.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Christine!! I think it would be so much fun to make. I would use it too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful idea for a beautiful gift !!!
    Have a lovely day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely way to keep your pins to hand! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love sunflowers and that is just awesome! You are so creative, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love sunflowers and that is just awesome! You are so creative, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your little sunflower is adorable, my friend! When I was looking at the link-ups at Roses of Inspiration this one immediately caught my eye :) Thanks for sharing, dear Christine. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christine~~ if this isn't the cutest ever!! So cheery and fun to have in your sewing and craft room.
    I sew just a little, and I mean a little, :-) and I have to say it is nice having a place to put your pins.

    It's good to visit with you~~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so sweet, great tutorial Christine, thanks so much for sharing it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so cute! But since I don't sew much I may still try to make these and just tuck them around as little bowl fillers. Love them~
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. I do love sunflowers and this is such a sweet project, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This so nice!! I think I want to make one someday!!
    God bless
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!