Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Our trip to Colonial Williamsburg

 I'd like to share some of our photos and memories of our day in Colonial Williamsburg.  I've been wanting to visit for quite some time and thoroughly enjoyed every second of our tour around the town and buildings.  Having read some historical fiction set in the area and period, i felt as if i was transported back to that era.

We started in the Governor's Palace, a very handsome red brick building and then went inside.


This was the Governor's wife's bedroom.  I was taken with the fabric cutout crown adorning the bed!


The kitchen's were a treat to see as there were all kinds of foods prepared as if a feast was taking place.



 The main street, the Duke of Gloucester Street was very wide and beautifully tree lined.  I loved how well preserved the houses and shops were, in various colors and styles and there were LOTS of fences.  I just revelled in walking around it!






 The town's stocks and there seems to be a particularly young British felon being punished that day! LOL!
 At five o'clock, there was a military parade with fife and drums and the muskets and canon were fired.

It was a spectacular close to our day in Williamsburg.



Hope you enjoyed this abbreviated tour with us!
Sigh! I'd love to be back!

Sharing today with Roses of Inspiration!
Just click on the link to find more great posts!
The Enchanting Rose



Thank you for coming over!

See you soon!

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your pictures. There is so much to see and enjoy at Colonial Williamsburg! We have been twice and even though our Christmas visit was frigid weather, it sure was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you shared some photos of your trip. It looks like a fun place. I need to try to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure looks like a great place to visit. Never been there but would love to go.

    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine I totally enjoyed this tour today and thanks for sharing. Have a lovely week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to Williamsburg but I have been to Gettysburg. I love places like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to visit here! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite places to go!! We go every year at Christmas time -- it's kind of our "kick-off" to the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic place and pictures !!!
    Thanks for sharing !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one place I haven't been and I think I will have to put it on my list of places to visit it looks great!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love Williamsburg ... such a fun location to visit in Virginia. the last time i was there i was with my Mom yet again ... that was before i was even married so way before 2004. i enjoy your shots. the stockade shot is too cute!! i think if kids knew that might happen maybe they would be more behaved? maybe?? ha. ha!! thank you for your bloggy visit. always fun to meet new friends. hope you are well. take care. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you broke that young felon out! haha! Beautiful photos..what a wonderful place to visit! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!!!! Amazing place to go, love your pictures of Williamsberg. Blessings Francine..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW!!! I would love to go to Williamsburgh one day, so I am wildly envious of your trip, but very happy that you could take us along! It sounds and looks wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting place to visit Christine, thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, what a wonderful place to visit! Maybe someday my family and I can see this in person, but thanks to you I was able to see it through your beautiful photos.

    Thank you, dear friend, for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!