It was STUNNING!
Joining Amy for Five on Friday at Lovemademyhome.blogspot.co.uk.
1. Biltmore was built by George Vanderbilt in 1888 and finished in 1895.
2. Built in North Carolina in the Blue Ridge mountains.
3. The mansion has 250 rooms and 43 bathrooms!
4. One of the earliest mansions to house a bowling alley and indoor swimming pool in the basement!
5. After so many trees were used in building and surrounding area, George Vanderbilt planted over a million trees!
The architectural detail was amazing on every part of the building, both inside and out but unfortunately no photography is allowed inside.
Below is a shot of the rear turrets and if you click on the photo, you can see the detail above the two middle windows which have the monogram V for Vanderbilt.
We also hired bicycles fro m Antler Hill village in the estate and rode to the lake which offered wonderful views of the mansion through the trees.
Back in the house we stepped out on the terrace and again the views were beautiful over the mountains and all the trees that were planted.
The gardens are also beautiful. Formal parterres boasting lots of variety and color.
Once again I'm linking with Amy's Five on Friday.
Here's the link to go to join in!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!
Have a wonderful weekend!