Thursday, 9 April 2015

A Breath of Fresh Air

 'Nothing is so beautiful as Spring', so wrote the poet Gerard Manley Hopkins and I have to agree wholeheartedly with him today.

The blue skies and bright sunshine, gentle breeze and birdsong lured us out on a bike ride along the winding country lanes around our village.  It was simply beautiful; one of those days to tuck away in our collective memory; idyllic!

I stopped to take some pictures to show you the countryside here in our part of Northern Ireland.


 Beautiful forsythia in bloom.


Below is a photo of a nearby mill which had fallen into disrepair. I was so pleased when it was completely renovated and sympathetically restored and it's now apartments.
 This gentle little stream winds it way past the mill and through emerald green fields and wooded glens.
 Signs of spring bursting forth everywhere!  Below is a horse chestnut bud. Amazing creation!



Bluebells opening up on a sunny bank.
 Primroses too, lift their faces to drink in sunshine.


Truly a blessing to enjoy God's handiwork! 
Hope you enjoyed a breath of fresh air with us today!

Linking with

Good Fences link up Party

a href="http://run-a-roundranch.blogspot.com/">

                                                     And STrangers and Pilgrims on Earth
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth





26 comments:

  1. Such gloriously beautiful photos. I would love to share the bike trail with you! So much of God's beauty all around you; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous, my friend! I would love to join you for a stroll :)

    Thank you for sharing your pretty countryside with us. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, these are beautiful scenes! thanks for sharing them at good fences! happy to have you join in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yeah, beautiful spring time photos. Good to see you on the Good Fences wagon.

    We sure are not having any spring here in Pa. yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures! I can almost feel the spring breezes and smell the lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty pictures of your walk! I would have loved to join you. I'm so glad that you're enjoying your spring days!
    Thank you for sharing and it truly was breath of fresh air!

    Tamara<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, it is so pretty where you live and thanks for sharing wonderful photos of the countryside. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely all the photos are. You have inspired me to head out and grab some springtime photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful captures of your pretty countryside! I am glad to hear the mill has been renovated and is in use.. Lovely photos.. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, such lovely photos...I have been snapping pics of the dogwood trees all week! If I ever get a chance to take a trip overseas, Ireland would be on the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Afternoon Christine, oh I love those beautiful Springtime pictures, so stunning. Blessings Francine,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice set of photos. The countryside is lovely. I liked the shot of the bike leaning against the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful spring pictures. I love seeing all that green.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely and pretty and green. I love seeing pictures of your countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such pretty scenes - I can almost hear the birds singing and the gentle breezes! I love the meandering stream and the lovely wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful place and pictures !
    Enjoy your weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christine, I am overjoyed!! What beautiful countryside in your magical Ireland! I can imagine you, riding through such gorgeous landscapes, the spring breeze rejuvenating your being, as you are treated to nature's gifts.

    Thank you for sharing these idyllic photos with us. I, too, was so glad to learn of the wonderful restoration of the mill. Smiles!

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous scene... like it's right out of a movie. Thanks for sharing some springtime beauty! Happy weekend to you Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Miss Christine,

    SO bee-u-tee-ful, I can almost hear the bird songs.

    Have a happy weekend.

    Hugs,
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful photos, it's so lovely to get out on a bike and see the world and all its wonders, things you just don't see from a car! happy weekend Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful pictures... and countryside. I sure enjoyed this glimpse of Ireland. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing. Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow...lovely, lovely photos! Glorious Ireland!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What lovely countryside there is in Ireland! This is one of the places on my wish list to visit! Thank you for the tour and for sharing it with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!