Friday, 20 March 2015

Spring Blues!

 Happy first day of spring!  today is the spring equinox and here we are definitely feeling spring in the air!  

I've been having spring blues...not those kind of blues though! The happy kind of blues found in my stash of fabrics. 

I seem to be on a blue kick for sure!  Blue skies, blue hyacinths, robin's eggs blue,  just blue!

I sewed this little stump doll up and made a blue Civil War reproduction fabric dress for her, complete with the little cross stitched pillow for spring.  Adorable, right?
 Then I had to stitch up the daintiest little pinkeep ever with a blue bird on it...


I love the blue wool in this all wool applique pillow with blue tulips, though I admit I've never seen blue tulips in real life!
 
 And another pinkeep from a free Primitive Bettys pattern with dark blue primroses and backed in a blue cotton too!

These are all available now in my Etsy shop just click here to go straight to it!

Today is exciting too because of the solar eclipse.  Did you get to see it?  At around 9.35 am it grew dim but not very dark here and unfortunately there were rain clouds so I thought I was going to miss it.  But it was really amazing that as I stood watching, the clouds parted around the sun, and I was able to see the almost total eclipse of the sun and even got a couple of pictures with my wee camera.



I thought it was pretty amazing! It's the first time in my life that I've witnessed it so it made my day!

Thanks so much for your visits and comments too as you are dear friends one and all!

Happy Spring!

 

18 comments:

  1. Would you believe it I had visitors and missed it, so now I am going to have to watch it on TV. Beautiful makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spring, my friend! The sun is shining and the sky is clear and bright blue...I love it! :) Your creations are so pretty and very appropriate for Spring.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Spring (although not 'spring' here in western NY--snowing at the present time)--no, sadly, we here in North America did not get to see the eclipse. I love all our "blueness". Have a beautiful day. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your makes...so sweet
    Happy spring my dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your blues too. No, we didn't get to see it. It makes me happy that you did see it though. I also like that you got a picture of it. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your Spring blues, Christine :) I didn't realize you had an Etsy shop. I checked it out and everything looks great!

    I hope you have a great day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a talented stitcher Christine. It's nice to catch up with you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blues friend.
    So pretty.
    I'm a new fan of blue tulips.
    Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
  9. HiChrstine, lovely blues, sweet stitchery, always love them. The moon was so pretty, just a sliver.Spring Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Spring. I love all your spring blues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blues Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is so delicate, and quite rightly should be blue to reflect the (hopefully) blue skies of spring! The eclipse was something else wasn't it, especially listening to the birds getting ready to roost - very confusing for them. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  13. just love your doll holding the pillow, so very sweet, wonderful pillows and pins too! We didn't get to see the eclipse over here :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful blue stitching :) I love the blue tulips, not sure if I've seen them in real life either, but yours are wonderful. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Spring and I love blue also, your creations are wonderful as always, such a cute doll with her little pillow. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful blues Christine, perfect for the first day of Spring! The eclipse wasn't visible here unfortunately but lucky you to get to see it, amazing aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  17. These new items are so lovely! Regarding the partial sun eclipse, we had here a sunny day, but unfortunately not these special glasses for watching a sun eclipse... But nonetheless, it was really exciting! :o)

    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  18. You got amazing photos of the eclipse. We couldn't see it here. And I put that little doll in my favs. I still love my Noel doll but how nice it would be to have one for Spring! Beautiful stitching my friend. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!