Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Valentine Moss Hearts

 Today's Valentine Hearts are a super cute and fun craft.

Here's what you need ~

several styrofoam hearts
dried natural moss
sticks/small branches
gardener's fiber plant pots approx 3" wide
jute/burlap
play dough or similar
glue gun

Make sure the moss is completely dry and feathery. Trim off any brown strands. (I was able to gather moss from a moss covered bank near my home. Then I let it dry out in the garage on cardboard to absorb moisture.)

Spread hot glue fairly evenly over one side of the heart and quickly press on the moss in clumps firming it on as you go.  Cover the heart  completely in moss and press into shape.
Insert the twig into the base of the heart.
Place your play dough or florists' foam into the fiber plant pot and push the heart and twig into it.
Cover the top of the pot with more dried moss.
Next you can feel free to decorate or not with ribbon, string or burlap.
Place your pretty moss hearts on a shelf and admire!



 Simply tie some jute cord around the pot - just plain pretty!

 This one I used burlap and ricrac around the pot

 Here's where I am displaying mine for now!


Hope you enjoy making these and I was thinking they look spring like also so they can be kept ot for weeks yet!

Thanks for your visit and don't forget to check out Stephanie's link up party

Blessings



23 comments:

  1. How pretty! And you make it look easy...thanks! Enjoy your day sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a love and charming project. They look adorable on your mantel with your red and white Valentina display.
    Have a happy day,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! A lovely change from red and pink too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so enjoying reading these tutorials from all the different bloggers. This one is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever!! I love them :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I am so lazy and tired to go look to see if I posted a reply yesterday, I can't remember (grinning). I love this idea! Thanks for sharing. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty Christine, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They really are beautiful, an inspirational post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine, love love love the mossy hearts, beautiful.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty and I like the burlap around it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are great. I've always loved the look of moss and this are perfect. Best of all these could sit out all year long

    ReplyDelete
  12. What adorable little heart topiarys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christine, thank you so much for your sweet compliment on my crochet tea cup cozy and your follow to my blog! I'm now following you too! I love your moss shaped heart in the pot! It looks so pretty! I look forward to becoming new blog friends.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh these make a lovely arrangement on your shelf, and how great to have used moss by your house

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute Christine!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your hearts Christine - a great valentines idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christine, thank you for sharing the awesome tutorial. I love the heart! Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your moss hearts are so fabulous, my friend! And they look like fun to make :) Thank you, my dear, for sharing at Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful moss hearts Christine and not just for Valentine's Day, I'd leave them out all year long! Thanks for a great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute idea! I wonder how these would do year-round...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those hearts! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great idea dear Christine !!! I love so much the hearts. Hugs . Mirtilla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!