Friday, 6 February 2015

Friday Finishes

 So I snatched a few moments of craft time at the end of a week fraught with emotional and physical challenges.  I needed the release just to do something with my hands and let my thoughts drift...

What with it only being a week until Valentines I had this heart in its raw unadorned state lying forlornly in my craft room for over a week...I just couldn't decide what to do with it to finish it... not another pillow or pouch or in a frame.... What to do?

 Then I remembered a plain round box buried at the back of a cupboard and set about covering it in a prim cotton fabric and attached the heart with the x stitch on top!

A pretty result and I am loving the ric rac edging to the heart.

 Another heart finish, this time a freebie pattern fron Santas and Samplers.  It's a good size heart and could be made into a hanging pillow~


 I always enjoy stitching alphabets and wordings.

Thanks for coming by and sharing my heart -to - heart with you!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Best wishes
 

19 comments:

  1. both are great. Putting that first one on the box was a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of putting it on the box, too. The other heart is beautiful with the alphabet. I need to find some hand sewing to do in those short bits of time that I need to relax. I hope you have a beautiful weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heart on the box....such a good idea. I could see giving it as a gift with baked goods inside or a handmade item of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evening Christine, beautiful heart on the box and I love the heart stitchery, you are talented my sweet friend.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this very well, not to know how to finish a stitched piece! Always ornaments and pouches... not really. Therefore I love your idea of putting it on a box! :-) Both finishes are gorgeous!

    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear girl.. Love your makings and doings.. You always inspire me to bring out my needle... Hope all is well with you.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for your stitching, I have a box with about 6 x-stitchings that I am thinking of making into a quilt to hang on a shelf my hubby made, of course I am in the thinking stage :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Such talent! Thank you for the smiles, keeping you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are lovely! Have a nice and relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love making hearts too. Your look wonderful and I love that box. I hope you have a better week. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the heart on the hat box, it really does look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your two hearts are adorable, Christine. I am partial to red and white, and so the lacy lovely is, to me, pure sweetness!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey sweetie! I am so sorry about your week. I do pray that what ever was the matter is resolved so this next week you will be more peaceful. Love your finishes as always! I love the ric a rac...that is something used in my childhood and haven't really seen it around much. I am going to look for some to use in my crafts. Have a great week!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  14. The heart is perfect on the box! So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Christine, love your fabric covered box!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of your hearts are beautiful, I really like the idea of the heart on the box! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful heart box :) I feel inspired after reading your blog....now I just need to do something with that inspiration. LOL!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!