Friday, 9 January 2015

Home is best - and a recipe

 Happy weekend, friends, hope you all had a good week, whatever the weather!  For me, with storms roaring, it was the perfect excuse to stay home and try to be a good house keeper! 

But honestly, I love being able to be a stay at home mom and I love being here when my kids get home from school and I can fix them some warming hot chocolate these days and listen to the tales they have from school. It is a blessing! 

I was even able to start clearing out  and cleaning kitchen cupboards so I feel I've made a fair start to the year and hope it lasts!!!

Of course there was time to sit for a while with needle in hand and I got this sweet little hanging tuck pillow stitched up~



I also forgot to show you the other finish I managed for Valentines Day and these ans some others are now listed on my Etsy.
 

Here is a quick and tasty recipe I tried today as it uses bananas that are over ripe.  The pancakes are pretty dense due to the banana and are best enjoyed straight off the griddle with the glaze, especially if you have a sweet tooth like me!
k

Ingredients
2 cups of AP flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 to 2 cups of milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large bananas
2 tablespoons melted butter

Blend dry ingredients together in large bowl
Gradually add milk and melted butter and vanilla extract
Mixture should be of a dropping consistency
Heat a pan with a little oil in it and drop a couple of tablespoons of batter in for each pancake
After 2-3 minutes flip and cook for another couple minutes and lift out.

For the glaze mix a half cup of maple syrup and 3/4 cup powdered sugar and a teaspoon vanilla extract.  Drizzle over your pancake stack and add a knob of butter. Enjoy!

I just wanted to thank you all for following and welcome new friends to my blog! 
Best wishes and enjoy your weekend!




20 comments:

  1. I love being at home, too and making it comfortable. And this recipe sure brought back memories...my Dad loved a banana mashed into the pancake batter. I haven't had it that way in years. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana pancakes sound good! I'll have to get some bananas to set aside for this recipe.
    I stitched "Home is Best" for a swap many years ago. I should stitch one up for me one of these days. My to-stitch list is way too long!
    Have a great weekend Christine!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching as usual Christine, I so wish I was able to do that! I used to cross stitch a lot but I just can't see well enough now to do it. You do beautiful work. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful pillow with such a lovely message. Great recipe, its a long time since I have had pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my friend.. Love that you love being home.. smile. You have such a talent with your handwork.. So pretty.. i would like to try your pancakes .. They look delicious and I do have a few ready.. Take care, Christine. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a stay at home Mom too (daughter is in college and married now) alot of my working friends couldn't understand how I didn't mind being at home. I love your pillows they are so pretty, I have been working on a cross-stitch for my nephew and his soon to be new wife. The pancakes sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pillows and the recipe sounds delicious! Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pillows look very sweet and so do your pancakes!
    I didn't even realize you had an Etsy shop ~ good for you and I know you'll do well w/it.

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LoVe the little stitcheries! Awesome!
    Have a great week end. I was a stay at home mom too. I always thought " when they got to school" I will,get a job. Then I found I wanted to be there when they burst through the door so excited to tell me all about their day. It made mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your finishes. Isn't it nice to be able to be at home and be busy taking care of our homes and our families. I have enjoyed that cleaning out too this last week. I hope to do more this coming week.
    I love your recipe thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely finishes Christine and your banana pancakes look so delicious! Stay warm my friend, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your sweet cross stitch pieces! I love being at home. The last couple of years I've been working part time at my friends upholstery shop, I able to get home before the bus gets here. Doesn't it feel good when you are able to re-home items and make your house a little less cluttered, I've been working on that too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. After returning home, from a brief foray into the workforce, I can totally agree with you in enjoying home once again! My husband makes banana pancakes, and I have to say they are just delicious! yum! thank you for sharing your recipe with us today... blessings! mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love being at home, being a lady of leisure lol :) there is ALWAYS plenty to do! love your little pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am definitely someone that loves being at home - I find it to be a sweet blessing.

    Your pillows are lovely and your pancakes look amazing! Pancakes are one of my favorites...my son's too :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's no place like home :)
    So very true. It's the one spot in the world where you can do as you please, like put on your pajamas at 5:00 in the evening, just because it's already dark outside. That's one of my winter pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just catching up on your holiday posts ~ such sweet goodies ~ love the "home" piece!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pillows are wonderful. I love the house one...it reminds me that at one time I wanted a Federal style house so badly! Thank you for the pancake recipe. I've never had banana pancakes and the addition of nutmeg seems divine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tend to slice the banana and add it to the mixture once it is on the griddle but I am going to try this for my children. Will make a lovely change. Thanks for the share and for popping over to my blog and taking the time to comment. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!