Friday, 30 January 2015

Friday Finish and New BOM

 Hi friends, how has your week been? It seems to have passed in a blur for me! And now that I think about it, that's January all but over too? What is happening!?  In between the usual I have been able to pick up my needle and thread to sew another sweet spring pouch, this time in blues.

 I took these shots this morning with the sunshine streaming in and that's always a welcome sight after dark dreary January days.
 This is my latest venture and one I am quite excited about! I am going to join Stacy West of Buttermilk Basin for her very generous BOM series of wool applique throughout the year.

I have just completed the first one ~ smiles!

 To me it's prim perfect! What's not to love about a pattern with a pineapple and a sheep with a star on its behind!! Lovin' it! And of course I get a chance to play with wools! Yayy!
Well lots more to do and lots more sewing I hope over the weekend with some Valentine's crafting to boot! Are you doing any crafting or sewing?
Always great to hear from you and thanks so much for your visit!



18 comments:

  1. Morning Christine, I love love love your Spring pocket, adorable. Great pineapple and sheep too..... Thanks for your kind comments on my blog, warms the heart. Happy Weekend, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both but especially your spring pocket
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all, my friend :) You make the prettiest things, dear Christine - thanks for sharing. Happy weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Christine. Another great pouch. Love the blue. I currently have several projects I'm sewing on. One in particular I'm trying to finish. I was think about joining Buttermilk Basin for that project, will have to see how it goes. Love your pineapple and that little star on the backside. lol Have a great weekend , and God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine,
    I love your new pouch with pretty spring colors. I am really ready for Spring :) Your wool applique is super cute and I agree, it's prim perfect!

    Have a great weekend!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Christine,

    These are gorgeous, I love the details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pouch! And the wool applique turned out wonderful! :-) Each finished piece of you are always so beautiful!

    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I wish I had your talent. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creations are always so beautiful - and I love the color of the linen you use - as well as the design itself.
    Love the applique and it has all the elements that I 'love'.
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your newest finish and your BOM is wonderful! I saw the post at Buttermilk Basin, might have to go and download the pattern, it's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a pretty pouch. I wish I had the patience for cross stitch. Your wool applique piece is great. Love the look of it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that BOM but I really love those blues on your pouch.
    I need to get back to my needle.
    This month has flew by and I know I need to get myself in gear. :) Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your spring pocket is wonderful! And I love the star on the sheep, too cute!
    Blessings~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pouch is so pretty with the pines sticking out, great decoration. Your sheep is too cute, look forward to what else you will be doing.... I have a quilt in the process of needing a border put on but that is going to have to wait awhile and I am also doing a wedding cross-stitch

    ReplyDelete
  15. The soft shade of blue in the flower is perfect; how dainty and darling this little pouch is!

    Have a lovely week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your work is beautiful Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful finishing the pouch is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!