Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Free Happy New Year Stitchery pattern

 I'm either incredibly early or undeniably tardy with this freebie pattern for you!

Anyhoo, I wanted to make something to display wishing visitors 'Happy New Year' and came up with nothing I really liked or had time to make.  So it was time to think up my own simple pattern that wouldn't take long to put together.  It didn't take long so I was even able to make two versions of the same pattern  -  and so here they are; firstly a heart on a spool:

and secondly, a wool applique pillow~

 This pattern is drawn on A5 paper and the size used in making both the heart and pillow.

 I stitched each leaf on the heart makedo and cut individual leaves from wool for the pillow. the writing is done on both using back stitch or stem stitch.

 So please feel free to take a copy and if you get the time between now and Dec 31st you could make one or two and be incredibly well prepared for next new year celebrations!

I am so pleased to link up with Stephanie of The Enchanting Rose blog for her new link up party
Roses of Inspiration!

Check it out!

Hope you like!




17 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. Love this pattern, and thank you for sharing.

    Hugs

    Hi Miss Christine,

    I'm all bundled up in my blankie 'cause it's gettin' really cold up here in the mountains. Your pattern is bee-u-tee-ful.

    Hugs,
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really nice. Both look great but the heart make-do is my favorite of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both, thanks for sharing Christine. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Christine, your pattern is beautiful! Now if only I was good at embroidering.... I am always admiring the work of others such as yourself.

    Thanks, sweet friend, for sharing this at Roses of Inspiration. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely, thank you for offering these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine...thank you for sharing this pattern. I think I'll begin to have it ready for the end of the year :) mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your New Year embroidery design Christine - it's so kind of you to share it with your readers.
    Thank you for joining my blog and leaving your sweet comment - it's lovely to meet you through Stephanie and her new Tuesday party.
    I'll see you there again next week I hope.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of something on a bobbin, I have loads of vintage bobbins so I found it really exciting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet pillow. It's so nice to meet you! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love the heart especially! I wish I was better at handwork. Happy to be following along via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice pillow! Happy New Year!
    I'm a new follower.
    Thanks for visiting my blog!!! :)
    Hugs,
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  13. they are both so pretty, I do love the heart on the spool, I love how quick these stitched project work up, my cross-stitching takes so long for me to finish anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so pretty and you are so thoughtful to include a pattern for us. Always a sweetheart :)
    Have a lovely day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet of you to share and how perfect for Stephanie's new party. You are always so generous. And I appreciate the sweet comment today my friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice to meet you. I'm over from Stephanie's party.....and I'm pleased to be your newest follower! Many blessings

    ReplyDelete
  17. How thoughtful of you Christine, thanks so much! Hopefully I'll be able to get one or the other done before 2016☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!