Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Doilies Part 2!

 So my mind has been over run with doily ideas and projects from last week.  Thanks to all of you who visited and commented and encouraged me to try something that is beyond the boundaries of what I normally stick to and that's a good thing!

 I do love little purses and pouches so this one was easy for me to make another heart bag.  I adore how burlap seems to compliment the doily 'lace' so well.   The strap is also from the off cut doily - no need to waste anything!
 Not going to far from the Valentine's theme and loving the shabby chic look of this burlap and heart pillow

 The detail of the two fabrics combine so beautifully don't you think?

 Now this really took me to a whole new dimension of crafting - upcycling my clothes - a chambray shirt to be exact!  I love blue and the plainness of this shirt really lent itself to the crochet flowers I cut from another doily~

 I simply stitched the band of flowers around the cuffs of the shirt and admired!

But not to leave it there - I thought a crocheted flower necklace would lift the neck/collar and just sewed one side on~
 Under the collar on the other side I sewed on a little button - managed to find a sweet wee matching blue one!
 Then all I had to do was hook the doily flower over the button though you could use strong thread and sew a loop to attach it to the button!
 When the collar is folded down again you don't see it!

 So there you go! Simple as that and pretty too!
(And honestly, I DID iron my shirt before I took these photos!)

Hope you enjoyed your visit!

Once again I'm linking up with Stephanie's 
Have a blessed day!

30 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! I am loving what you did with your doliy pieces. The burlap bag is so sweet - I could see it hanging from a cute rack with little flowers poking out from it :)

    Beautiful pillow and the pieces of doily on the shirt is simply lovely! Thanks for sharing at Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice in using your doilies. I love how they decorate anything you want them too. I've often used them when making a crazy quilt. Thanks for sharing these cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Christine, how beautiful, love the way you used the doilies. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative you are, each piece is so beautiful and unique.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wonderful post!
    I love how the shirt came out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots more lovely ideas for doilies! I especially like the little bag at the top of this post! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the burlap and lace doily together! Great ideas :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how sweet this idea is..thank you for sharing. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. An inspirational post, simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine! Baautiful crocheted creations! Iove the second heart! I found you on Rose Inspiration from lovely blog of Stephanie :)
    Have a great week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,Christine, I am visiting from Stephanie's Rose of Inspiration, I just adore your post. At Christmas I was in Joann's and saw a roll of burlap and I bought it, don't know what I'll do with it, I just love woodsy things and it reminds me of it. I do like your burlap purses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine, So nice to meet you through Stephanie's link up party and thank you for stopping by, your sweet comment and new following.
    Love your blog and your beautiful bag is precious. Love how you used the doilies. Your heart pillow is wonderful and the burlap does look wonderful with the contrast of the doily white. Your shirt is just darling too.
    Have fun creating and I am a new follower too.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. The crochet doilies look so nice against the textures that you've used. REALLY love it against that blue chambray! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects. I love the look of the doilies with the burlap. That shirt looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty they are! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christine! I'm here again to follow you :) Thank you for visit and words on my blog!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness girlfriend.
    I just love how they all turned out.
    So shabby adorable is that heart pillow.
    Warm Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you the little smartie.. Love it all, Christine..I have a burlap bag that I see now needs a doilie or two.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the crocheted heart against the burlap, my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderfully done- your crafts look awesome - and just perfect for St. Valentine's right around the corner!

    Thanks for your visit and sweet comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Christine, you are so clever and talented. These are all so pretty :)
    Connie xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Christine, the combination of the burlap and the lace is lovely! And your shirt 'rehab' is fabulous, love how you attached the lace collar!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Are magnificent works! I love the bag! I like them all! very very good. I'm happy for my eyes to see all these beautiful creations!

    A hug
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Christine,
    what a beautiful idea!! ;)
    Hugs,
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that shirt!! What a great idea. I love how that looks.
    I also love the doily's on burlap. I always have all of this bits and pieces of burlap left over from my rugs. That would be such a nice idea to use those bits up. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Christine,

    So lovely to meet you!

    Your white doilies are darling, and how creative to apply them to the collar and cuffs of that lovely pale, blue shirt! The little burlap bag is adorable; I love the white against the sandy brown of the bag.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting and following Poppy View! Following you back!:))

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Christine, what lovely handiwork! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a beautiful idea :)
    Hugs and big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey there sweet Christine! I wanted to pop in and let you know this post was featured at Roses of Inspiration :) Thanks for sharing, my friend. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!