Monday, 24 November 2014

Angel Punch Needle Stocking

 Welcome dear friends.  Did you enjoy your weekend?  We had a busy one and a cold one with freezing temperatures yesterday. 

Today I finished this punch needle angel stocking by Country Stitches.  I just used DMC threads that I had to hand.  In hindsight I wish I had used darker green for the holly leaves but overall I'm pleased with it.
 I think my punch needle technique is getting better but I would like to know how to achieve clearer definition of detail eg the stars the angel is holding.


 As that's another project ticked off my bucket list, I'm going to start into the next one!
All fun and games!

Once again, thank you all for your comments and visits.
I truly love hearing from you.

Best wishes


10 comments:

  1. Your stocking turned out lovely! I am not sure about your question since I have never done punch needle. That is curious though. ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow very nice stocking and very nice work. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stocking. I did punch needle a long time ago and when I tried to do it again earlier this year for some reason I just could not get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great Christine!!

    Warm hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never done it, but if you check you tube there are probably videos on different aspects of it. I thought Lori Brechlin of Not Forgotten Farm did one, but I'm not sure. I do love your angel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Afternoon Christine, love the stocking, the pattern is wonderful. Great job,Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Christine that is something I always wanted to learn how to do but I just couldn't get it. You are doing great! Thanks for sharing.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is lovely, I like that punch needle. I need to learn how to do punch needle better. I wish I could do a better job.
    I guess it just happens because of practice. I have some lovely patterns too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this piece, I have never tried this before but would love to give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  10. the stocking is adorable Christine and so is the teddy bear in your last post.

    Seems I have lost my crafting mojo and regained my photography zeal.

    Thanks for coming along on my journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!