Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Sharing a slice of the week so far...

This week is certainly whizzing past for me...how about you?  As always there's lots on for the kids and various things I am always called upon to do but I found some time to finish my fall decorating in the 'prim den' ...

This is on top of the sideboard and of the wall as you walk into the room... love that big woolie pumpkin rug I made from a kit I got from Tanya of My lil craft room on Etsy.
And not forgetting Shazy's woolie tree - so unique!

 This is the shelf above it with my pumkin doll and a few pumpkins I made over the years
 I was out shopping last weekend and even had the best of intentions to make a start on the dreaded Christmas shopping when I spotted this earthenware jar.  I've been on the look out for something similar for ages and although a reproduction I knew it would be a nice addition to the kitchen...
 But this is the slice of the week I'll leave you with - peanut butter crunch squares.  We are seriously addicted to these especially with a thick layer of Cadbury's milk chocolate on top!


They are easy to make.
Just melt 2tbspns of fine sugar with 2 tbspns of golden syrup and 2 ounces of butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until all melted.
Remove from heat and stir in 4 tbspns of crunchy peanut butter and then add 6 ounces of crushed Rich tea biscuits (or similar)
Press firmly into a 1" deep baking tray and leave to firm up in the fridge.
Melt a bar of chocolate and spread over the cooled base and again let it set.
Cut into squares and try to stop at one!

Thanks again for visiting and hope you enjoyed sharing a slice of life with me!

Best wishes
 

11 comments:

  1. All your decorations look wonderful and I'm drooling over the peanut butter crunch squares

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pumpkin doll and the way you have displayed everything! It looks nice in that pretty light, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, looking wonderful at your OMG, love the pumpkin dolly. Those squares look yummy, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love your pumpkin doll so much and love all the display
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your woolie pumpkin rug, and all your fall decor is lovely! My mouth is watering for those peanut butter crunch squares, thanks for sharing the recipe. Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that rug! It is so pretty. I like your recipe too. I enjoy seeing how you decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Christine,
    That pumpkin rug you made is just wonderful. Your fall decorating looks so pretty and prim.
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine, I love your displays. I love the way you shadowed it in the background with light. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drool is right! I love the rug kit!!!! You did a beautiful job! And of course, I love Shazzy's tree! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fall decor is lovely Christine and those squares look so delicious! I'm sure they are calorie free, right?!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love all of your decorations. I really need to be better at make myself some pieces instead of selling all of them. Your treats look yummy!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!