Friday, 10 October 2014

Bringing in fall...

 Hey it's Friday - happy weekend!
I've been out foraging around the countryside to bring some free fall indoors.  Having said that, the leaves are only turning here but I did find some stems and crab apples etc.
 Fall in the hall...
 Some foliage


 I was really taken with these spiky beechnuts... sore to handle but so amazing I had to put some around the place...
 And conkers - so beautiful... just emerging from the shell.


 I thought some beechnuts and conkers would look nice in a jar on display...

 Did you ever play conkers when you were growing up?  We loved finding a great big chestnut to see whose was the best... childhood memories...


Well enough reminiscing!
Have a great weekend!


10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, but could you tell me about " Conkers" I love all of your fall goodies. It looks wonderful. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fall display
    I love it *•*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Fall Wonderful.
    I've never heard of conkers either.
    So cool
    Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Christine,

    Bee-u-tee-ful. I asked Mom about Conkers and she doesn't have a clue. I'll look that up on the Internet.

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty fall decorating Christine. The jar is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fall decor! Especially the foraged goodies. It's so fun going out to hunt for them! ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning, love all your Fall displays Christine. Neat jar idea, looks wonderful.Thanks For sharing,Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've seen conkers before, interesting. Everything looks great! I always love using naturals when it comes to decorating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your Fall decorating. I've never heard of conkers before
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, yeah, I want to hear about conkers too!!!! Beautiful decorations!!!! Love it, Dear Dianna... Guess what hubby bought me, and I watched last night... Love, Anne with an E

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!