Wednesday, 1 October 2014

'All manner of pleasant fruits...'


Happy October!

I've been going through my 'scraps' bag and thought: when you find scraps, make strawberries!'

Here they are 

I filled a bowl with some new pineapple melts - they smell so sweet!



On the sunny side of our house we have a wild dog rose bush growing and I was able to gather some of the hips.  They look quite well in my little firkin, which I brought home from our trip.

From other scraps I made a little stump doll just perfect for this shelf... dressed in tones of autumn...


October has started off so well .The weather today was sunny and warm - lovely to be outdoors!
I'm delaying putting out my fall decorations because DH is busy repainting but he's been working hard and id nearly finished and then I can drag out the boxes and see those pumpkins again!

Just wanted to share this verse with you from my Bible reading today as it seems to fit in:
'At our gate are all manner of pleasant fruits, new and old, which I have laid up for thee...'
Song of Songs 7.13

Blessings to each!
 

I

10 comments:

  1. I love the strawberries and they would be fun to make with fabric I already have. Of course your little stump doll is the sweetest! I still love mine that you made. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love those hips - they look lovely in your jar xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, I love coming and visiting and looking around. I think it must smell like fall with all of those lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your bowl of strawberries and your stump doll too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering what you had brought home from your trip! I love the firkin and the hips look awesome in there. Everything you made is so cute and I love the verse you shared. Can't wait to see all of your fall things when you get them out.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful crafts, I love the pincushion strawberries too :) I'm also glad to find your blog. Regards

    ReplyDelete

  7. I love your bowl of strawberries and your doll too...so sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the strawberries are wonderful Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your strawberries and doll. Hope you are having a wonderful fall. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love! The strawberries are wonderful! I love the fabrics!
    I am still poking around your home. Don't mind me... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!