Thursday, 18 September 2014

sharing summer memories...

 The summer seems long gone but as you can see, I'm just getting around to posting some summer memories now that we're quickly approaching autumn!

We had a wonderful vacation to New England and stopped in Newport RI to see the Breakers an amazing 'summer cottage' built by the Vanderbilts.  Newport is lovely but the prim shops were in short supply however when travelling through CT we stopped in Old Saybrook and had to visit Home At Last a great store filled with furniture and wonderful handmades.



 We drove down to Amish country for a very quick visit and the scenery never disappoints as well as the prim shopping!

 
 I am already dreaming of visiting again!!!

But for now it's back to settling into a new school year and lots of challenges.  I think I'm  going to have to skip fall crafting as I've signed up for a Christmas craft fair and have started sewing Santas etc!

Until next time,
God bless


9 comments:

  1. Wonderful summer, enjoyed the pictures. Such beautiful scenery, love prim shopping.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy your pictures from your summer trips. Time sure does seem to fly by!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back dear friend!!!
    Such beautiful places you visited.
    I sure missed you.
    Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you posted. I was thinking about you and wondering if you came to the U.S. this year. It sounds like you had a nice time. So glad you are posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear welcome back :)
    It's a very pretty place..love it so much.
    Huge hugs for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, so good to hear from you and glad to hear you had a great holiday. You have been on my mind recently. Delighted you are still stitching:) I will be in touch when things settle down around here xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Friend! I've been to that "summer house". It was breathtaking-such extravagance. I'm glad you had a good trip. I will have to tell you about the bed and breakfast we stayed at in Newport. What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, good to hear from you again. Summer did go by fast didn't it. I'm glad fall is here though, my favorite time of the year. Take care friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh Christine, so glad you are back... I've missed you! :)
    Sounds like you've been busy though having a wonderful summer! Hope all is well
    Hugs Wendy x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!