Monday, 29 September 2014

Birthday weekend!

 Yes this weekend I celebrated my 45th birthday and I can't believe that so many years have flown by when I still imagine I'm in my mid 20's!!!! (Not when I look in the mirror though! lol!) 

My daughter took this pic on her phone at my mum's and of course the cake and candles had to be brought out!

This is my special birthday gift from hubby.  I love lamps and have always wanted one like this so he treated me when we were on holiday.... he's so good to me.

 It's black and I have placed it for now on the hall table.


This is another treat and something I happened upon by chance but instantly knew where it would go.
So this star shaped woven basket had to come home with me - if you know me you know I love all things star shaped!
I've place it on top of my kitchen wall cupboards and with some fall foliage I hope it'll look just the part this autumn.

So that was my weekend!  Lots of fun with family and good food of course!

Thanks again for all those who leave comments.  Its good to know you come and visit!

Best wishes

15 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! What a wonderful lamp hubby gave you! I love stars too, very cool woven basket you found, never seen anything like it! Glad you had a great birthday weekend! ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday dear...such a sweet day with lots of fun :)
    Beautiful gifts..
    Enjoy
    Love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. I know what you mean about thinking of yourself as much younger. I avoid mirrors completely because they no longer work. They keep showing me my mother's refection :)
    Love that lamp, what a great gift

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Sweet Friend
    Woolie Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Yes If we were only the age our minds believe we are.. smile... Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like a wonderful day.
    I love that lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very, very happy belated birthday birthday girl :-) x x x Happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday sweet Christine! I love your beautiful new lamp and pretty basket. Sounds like you've had a fun birthday. Oh....and you're young enough to be my daughter. Does that make you feel any younger! heehee! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated happy 45th birthday ...... so young! Turn the numbers around and you have my age:0(

    Love your birthday lamp - very Prim!!

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday! I love your new lamp and star shaped basket!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy b'day Christine! Looks like you had a 'winful' b'day!! LOL Love the new lamp and star basket - how unique!!
    Glad you're back!

    Warm hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday, love your light. 45...my wish I was that age again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Christine!! I turned 50 in March and sometime I think I'm still in my 20's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy late Birthday!! I feel the same way like I'm in my 20's until I look in the mirror. I turned 50 in March. Love the lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha I forgot I already wrote the first of October. So now you have two birthday greeting from me. I'm a dork.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!