Saturday, 11 January 2014

Quilting Be's


Happy Saturday! Just wanted to share a wee piece of stitching and thinking.

I find whilst I sew that I ponder things and  turn ideas around in my mind.  And just occasionally, I remind myself to try and learn from my experiences.
Quilting is becoming one of those experiences. I love alliteration and made up some 'quilting be's'.
So here's what I've thought about quilting thus far - see if you agree: 

Be Patient! that's a biggie for me. I tend to rush through things just to see a finish.

Be Precise - this is when I might be tempted to cut corners but its never worth it.

Be Prepared to Persevere.  Quilting is not something I will master overnight and though I am making lots of mistakes, as I commented to a blogging friend I am going to persevere.

Be Positive! It will take time but it will be worth it in the end! Think of the sense of accomplishment!

So that's how my new year's challenge is shaping up. 

Be pleased to hear from you too!
 

16 comments:

  1. That is my whole problem. I'm not patient enough if its a large project. I want something finished fast.

    It's gonna be beautiful. I love what I see.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I like these. Way to go coming up with these. I'm still working on the details of what I want to accomplish this year. I think I should have it all worked out by December....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plaid stars! My kind of quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Kim, love the plaid stars, will be beautiful Happy Quilting, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilting is a hobby of all those Be's you mentioned but oh what a wonderful end product you will have to warm your hive. :o) Just remember to have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfection does not come in a box... everyone learns by doing... and you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love that!!! I need to remember that. Your quilting looks fantastic. I love all of your alliteration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, love your quilting 'Be's' Colleen! I admire you taking it on, it seems very intimidating to me! Beautiful squares you are working on, love your colour combinations. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine, I think you are doing a fantastic job. Any kind of sewing is Greek to me...actually I have almost come to the conclusion I am just not crafty at all...still trying something might turn out someday! Love looking at all of the things you talented girls do!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Christine and yes we learn lessons even from making a quilt! I find I do lots of thinking when stitching, so all good. Keep going-love stars x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine, your quilt looks lovely! You are so talented. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your quilting be's...so true in everything! Your blocks look wonderful...I was thinking of trying those same blocks! I have a sample started. Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Continue to stay positive. I think your blocks are amazing and lovely colors. I will look forward to updates. It was wonderful hearing from you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so lovely! Wonderful colors. That quilt pattern is my favorite along with log cabin blocks. I like your reminders. Sorrowfully, I am like Felicia at the top. I guess it is true prim for me. I am banished! ;)
    Love ya lots!!!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine! I have a special fondness for star quilts...years ago I was a quilter. Quilting gives you a preciseness that I have found lends well to every craft and life in general....as do your other quilting B's! Love your stars...Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your star quilt squares!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!