Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Happy New Year!

 Hope you will forgive me for being so slow wishing you a Happy New Year.  I think I was enjoying the Christmas holidays so much that I didn't want them to end and still can't quite believe we've entered another year.

But I do sincerely hope you have a blessed new year. 

I only just managed to stitch these two Christmas freebies. Dec 25 is by Shelly Auen and the one below is from The Little Stitcher.
 A new year brings the opportunity for new challenges so I'm stepping out of my comfort zone to try some quilting.  Oh but it's a precise art form and precision is not one of my strengths which is maybe why I enjoy creating primitives as the rough cuts and corners are part of their charm.

Anyhow, I hoked out this quilt kit for a wall hanging and tried the first star block and I can tell you I'm still so nervous about all that cutting and trying to line the edges etc.  I know for sure this first attempt is going to be higgeldy-piggeldy!!!



Well whatever you're working at I hope you enjoy it and hope you'll visit again soon!

Best wishes


11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Christine! your cross stitches are lovely, and I know you'll do well with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Miss Christine, it's just bee-u-tee-ful. You are so beary talented. Happy & Healthy New Year.

    Hugs,
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, Love your cross stitch, and I know your quilt will be beautiful. My goal is to make a quilt. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warm New Year Blessings to you Christine. Those are beautiful Christmas stitches, I love the Reindeer one, so pretty......Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baahhhh. It's a primitive quilt so it doesn't need to be perfect either. LOL. I bet it will be beautiful.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you! Your stitcheries are cute and your star block looks great! I'm still learning piecing... and what I find helps a lot is spray starch and pressing during piecing... it makes the fabric "behave" so it passes through the machine with less fiddling...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Friend
    I didnt want them to end either.
    Happy New Year to you.
    What beautiful stitches.
    Warm Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you also. I have always wanted to try quilting but have shied away from it for the reason you mentioned. Precision isn't my thing....lol I may try a rag quilt though

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year sweet friend.. May God richly bless you and the work of your hands.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. .... it's looking good so far! Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!