Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Cross Stitch Valentine's Sign

 Hi folks! Hope you are all keeping warm and well this winter time.  So far we've escaped the worst of the storms and haven't had any snow -  just a couple of  heavy frosts. The roadsI travel up and down on the school run are usually treated but black ice caused me to slither a bit yesterday morning. Scary to say the least, but I'm thankful I managed to stay calm and steer out of it and away from oncoming traffic.

I thought I'd take a break from piecing quilt blocks and get back to my true love and do some cross stitch as I've seen lots of Valentine's decor about blogland.  I stitched this free design by Puntini-Puntini Designs and then made it into a sign.


To make it fit better on the board I had painted I cut out some old sheet music  and stained it all.
Just something quick and easy!
Now that I've started on  Valentines, I have a couple more projects lined up! Not forgetting the quilt blocks! Seems I am going to be busy!!
Have a safe week!



12 comments:

  1. Black ice is meeeeeaaaannnn stuff. Glad you are ok. Love your little cross stitch.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sign,
    not much scares me, black ice does,
    thankful you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it again Christine! It is a beautiful sign! Black ice is horrible.Glad everything/everyone is safe!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Christine.. Take care.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Christine the cross stitch is so beautiful, love love love!!!!! Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that very much. I have a list of things I am going to cross stitch once I can see again. I miss it so much. I have a basket with patterns that I am going to keep myself busy with. I do so enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this new design and the way you finished it w/the sheet music Christine! How clever of you! so glad you didn't get in trouble w/the black ice!!
    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! The black ice and frozen rain (since the temps change every other day) is big here too! It is a scary thing! Your sign is beautiful!!! I have not made it to Valentine's decor yet! I guess I will have to vanquish my Santas and bring out the hearts. Snowmen are staying! I will have to look for that pattern! Cold = stitchin', right?
    LoveHeather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this design made into a sign...how nice. And I'm glad you got through the slick roads, they can be scary to drive on. Take care and enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine, that is lovely! Great idea to add the sheet music backing. Stay safe on those roads, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this finish, very creative. I may have to try something like this. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you were able to keep a clear head when you were driving in the black ice. Love the Valentine cross stitch--- I miss cross stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!