Monday, 30 September 2013

Lovely Weekend

The weekend was a special one for me: it was my birthday and I am now all of 44!
So I had a day out just window shopping really, in a converted Irish linen mill about a half hour drive from home.
It houses great cafes and all kinds of stores (except primitive ones!) and is great just to walk around.
Of course I did see lots of pretty things!
You all know about my owl love and here where some stone carved paper weights~



This was probably my favorite item - a rocking horse with a hefty price tag but it would look great on my sideboard!! 

 There were lots of shelves with shabby chic goods and Christmas dolls and gifts~

 I love the red and whites and embroidered pillows.
 It was a fun day out and we had a delicious meal in the Loft, the restaurant there.


It was beautiful in the afternoon, just perfect for a walk along a tree lined avenue where the leaves are slowly turning gold!
 
So all in all it was a truly lovely birthday weekend!
Glad you stopped by and hope you all have a great week!
 

19 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday dear girl and thanks for taking us along to your shopping mall.. Looks enchanting to me..
    So nice to visit with you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♫Happy Birthday Miss Christine, Happy Birthday to you.♫

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Christine! Glad you had an enjoyable weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you! A lovely time of year for celebrations! Those owls are the best! And, gotta LOVE that rocking horse! I wonder how they carve stone so intricately?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Christine! It looks like a wonderful day and I like that shop. I like that road that you went down and the trees that look like they are beginning to change.
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Christine,
    A great big Happy B'day to you!! I keep forgetting that yours is really close to my hubby's b'day(26th), but looks like you had a lot more fun than he did!LOL
    What a wonderful day out you had ~ how sweet!
    Your trees are a little bit ahead of ours looks like.

    Big hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Christine, wonderful weekend indeed....thanks for letting us tag along, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday. Looks like a fun day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday dear..
    Looks like a sweet day
    Sending you lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday my sweet friend! I'm so glad you had a nice weekend and had FUN! You sure saw lots of pretties! I hope you picked out something special for yourself! Sending you bunches of birthday HUGS! Your buddy, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy happy birthday. Oh to be 44 again.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Bithday!!!! I turn 40 next year! LOVE the shops!!!! Love the owls... shhh... I have one... :)

    Love and birthday blessings!!!!!!
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Dear Christine!
    So glad you had a wonderful day out!
    Loved seeing your photos!
    Hope you have many happy days ahead on the year to come! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very happy belated Birthday Christine. :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy belated Birthday Christine - I love the look of that shop - where is it please?

    Julia:0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy late Birthday!! Glad you had a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.
    Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.
    GetLikeFast.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!