Saturday, 10 August 2013

Why, Oh why, didn't I?!!! Prims that got away

 Hi all prim friends and readers!

I was looking back over some of our vacation photos again and reliving the prim highlights for me at least!
I sighed and looked at pieces of furniture and wonderful handmade dolls etc and thought, 'Oh why didn't I try to squeeze more into my suitcase!'

But I did bring home a new runner which fits perfectly on my rustic bench...
And my first piece of genuine redware which very appropriately says America!

Here are some of the wonderful prim stores we visited in Berlin and Shipshewana



I did manage to fit in some of folk artist Tammy Weaver's hand decorated Christmas houses. Her store is in Main St Berlin Ohio.

This next store was Past Times in Shipshewana, Indiana and SIGH how I wished I could bring home the furniture.

Love this Uncle Sam and cute chair! 


Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend.  Today hubby and I celebrate 20 years of wedded bliss!! We had a lovely meal together. 

Best wishes and thanks for your visit!


15 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to you and yours, Christine! Sounds like you had a great prim vacation:)
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to visit Shipshewana! It's the setting for
    Vanetta Chapman's quilt book series that begins with Falling to Pieces.
    http://harvestlanecottage.blogspot.com/2011/10/falling-to-pieces.html

    I'd love to see more photos if you have them.

    Blessings,
    Laura
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! 20 is a wonderful milestone! We hit 15 in October! God's blessings for you in the many years to come.

    Now, you need to have an extra extra suitcase so that I can hide and come with you to Ohio and Indiana! I am telling you! What beautiful stores! I see the best prim stores from our blogging friends out in the Midwest and in Virginia! I think we need to really jump on NASA or someone to get that teleporter thing ready. OR a big blogging bus tour! All of our blogging friends on tour busses traveling!

    Aww, I am glad you had a good trip! Love your redware plate! Can't wait until you come back again!

    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Warm Blessings! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 20 years, to tell you the truth I think it just gets better and better with each passing year. Congratulations! You hit a big milestone. May God continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy Anniversary. Love your new runner.

    I would like to visit Berlin too.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Many more to you as well!
    The photos looks wonderful.
    I would love at some point to go there too.
    I love the stars on the bench!
    So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary Sweet Friend.
    Wishing you lots of love.
    Woolie Blessings in Him

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary to you and yours sweet friend..
    sending you big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary! And I'll have a look at the christmas houses. Maybe I can order them online!

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Christine, happy anniversary to you and your hubby!
    Love all of the pictures. I think I might have to go to IN and Ohio! LOL Have a great week!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary. Wish you many more happy years.
    Love that table runner. I would love going in both of those stores.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! I do the same thing after I get home from Lancaster County--look at all the pictures and say I wish I had that, I wish I had bought this..but it's a good excuse to go back REAL SOON :) Maggie/Maggie's Lil' Fixins

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary, Christine! Loved looking at the pics of the stores goodies. We travel so much but I don't get to go in many stores because we are tied up at the shows during the same hours the stores are open! Sigh! I do love the runner and ,of course, who doesn't love redware! :) ...Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!