Friday, 1 March 2013

Simply Spring!

 Happy month of March!  What's the weather like?  It certainly didn't come in like a lion here.  It's been bright and sunny with blue skies; very spring like indeed!


As I'm feeling the joys of spring, I thought I'd do a mini series of sharing some spring decorating ideas - nothing too complicated or new; just repurposing, re-using and sprucing up.  so welcome to the first of 'Simply Spring!'


This is the first of my makeovers.  I have had this tool box/trug languishing in my garage and decided it was time to put it to work.
I had painted it black so in keeping with spring I went with a couple of coats of a pale green paint  - this is it prior to staining.  For the lettering I printed off  'Welcome Spring' in papyrus font and cut them out - a bit tedious, but it worked.
This is how it looks with some teak stain - I used a dry brush method and even wiped over it with a piece of kitchen paper and it gives it a lovely worn look.

Now for the fun part to fill it with a wool bunny and some primroses and greenery in the back.

 Welcome Spring! As easy as that!

Thanks again for your visit and a warm welcome to new followers!
Have a great week!

Linking with Stephanie - click on image to take you to the party!

The Enchanting Rose

20 comments:

  1. That is so cute Christine! You had the perfect bunny and flowers to put in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tool box it just screams spring! I love the pale green also. I have a favorite green I tend to stick with called colonial green. This makes me want to paint something up with it now. lol. Cant wait to see more "Simply Spring" themed items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tool box is really cute!!! Very springy!!!!
    Happy spring!!!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling box Christine! Turned out prim perfect! Can' wait to see more of your mini series!!

    Our weather has been cold/rainy! ugh!

    huggggsssss,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for spring! Really gets you in the mood for good weather. Too bad all I see is snow, snow and a whole bunch of snow!!YUCK!!
    Hugs
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like it. Best of all I have a wood box almost identical to that and I've been wondering what to do with it. This one looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it too, Christine. It's very soft colors look perfect with the primrose and the bunny!
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how wonderful, great job Christine.....love the Spring time box, sweet bunny, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way your Spring box came out, great idea! Enjoy your weekend:)
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine--great job on the tool box...I really am partial to that shade of green. Even though I love prims, our second bedroom is pale sage-a girlie room. (the poor boys have to use that room when they stay over--haha! ) Mom's favorite flower was the primrose and every year we bought her several for her garden.Love the wooly bunny too! ---Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww sweet bunny..and such a cute box too..
    Happy march hugs for you x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely makeover for the box and love the contents too.
    It's a cold and windy day here. So anxious to get outdoors in the warmer weather.
    Enjoy your Sunday,
    Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Welcome Spring decoration. I am so ready for spring. It's still snowing here :( but it's sure to be here soon!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful color choice and love the goodies inside! But, wait, you cut out the letter? That is impressive! I use carbon paper to trace the letters and then hand paint the letters, but I don't have a steady hand. Your letters look crisp and neat. Good work!!!

    Happy Spring to you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty little spring piece! Love that little bunny peaking out of the toolbox!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute, my friend :) The bunny peeking out warmed my heart and she looks so sweet among the flowers!

    Always a delight to have you at Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute box and love how you filled it with the bunny and flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!