Saturday, 5 January 2013

Made it!! Happy New Year!

 HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I think it still counts because the first week isn't over yet!  But I do pray that all my dear blogging readers enjoy a great year and know peace and blessing from the Savior throughout 2013.

I've had a lovely couple of weeks visiting family and friends over Christmas and New Year and things seem to be returning to our established routine - a bit sad but more sane for me as the kids have been on a sugar rush but so happy and excited!  So a healthy dose of calm is in order!

I've not had a chance to do too much sewing but after Christmas I always think snowmen.  So I made a wooly candle mat~
 There are little buttons on the tree for decorations.


Here's another penny mat from a freebie pattern - click here and scroll down the page for it
 Thought I'd better jump on the Valentine bandwagon like all well organised crafters and be more prepared for Feb 14.  Here's a sneak peak of the redwork cross stitch I'm sewing at present.


Thanks for your visits and hopefully I can visit you all again, so please don't think I've forgotten you!


God bless this year

15 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas, I really love, love your penny rug! You do awesome work.
    Wishing you a blessed 2013, hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the snowmen!!!!!! And I can't wait to see your beautiful stitchery! Blessings to you, dear friend, for a wonderful New Year! I am blessed to have a friend like you! Now, come visit the US soon!!!! ;)

    Love and hugs!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you enjoyed the holidays. I love the candle mat and penny rug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that mat. That is so nice. I have been working on things with snow in them. It just seems like a January thing to do. I have a Valentine one I am working on too.
    I will click on that freebie. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute...I love them
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute mats...I love snowmen and those are great for winter. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your snowmen!

    love the red & white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine! So glad to hear that you had a great family time this holiday season. LOVE the candle mats you made and the cross stitch is going to be beautiful too! Love to see your work.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Christine and Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday and getting back into a routine is good ;-)
    Your snowman mats are beautiful! To cold to build a snowman here in Idaho.....we've had below zero temps for over a week now! Sure glad the wood stove keeps us warm.
    Take care,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your snowmen are so cute and I love redwork. Enjoy the week to come! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snowman mat is SEW cute!! Love the freebie, I've been wanting to make that one too! It's on my never-ending list! ha

    Can't wait to see the Valentine one!
    Hugs to you,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new snowmen are cute!! Glad you had a good Christmas! Happy New Year! Kids go back to school this Wednesday, can't wait for our routine to go back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christine. My kids have been on a sugar rush too!! Wow, the level of energy they can produce is amazing sometimes. We are taking them swimming tonight to release some of it as they have been cooped up for so long. The pennies are so cute. Thanks for the link. Wishing you a Happy New Year too:) -Steph-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!