Friday, 14 September 2012

Pumkin Love!!!!


Sewing has been a stress reliever the past few days. Maybe I need stressed out as I made more dolls and such this week than I have in ages! But seriously, this bathroom makeover is dragging on. This morning as I came home from dropping the kids off to school and the house was quiet, I heard a scary sound... drip....drip...drip...drip. I headed into the dining room and the floor was wet so I looked up and saw a row of water drops. Oh no! Oh yes - a pipe from the upstairs had a slow steady leak. To make matters worse, the plumber's van broke down on route to our house and it took 2 hours before he came to fix the pipe. It's all good now though, and thankfully there's no major damage.

The two dolls I showed in my last post were chillin' out in the mild September sun - if you guessed pumpkins you were right!!

Out in the sun drying out was a new prairie stump doll which is for sale on my selling blog.
Here she is all finished...




Close up of her dress and apron... (it is more tea stained than it looks in the pic)

But back to pumkin girl - she's from a Sweetpeas Primitives pattern - all dressed up for a wedding I thought... bouquet of dried Annie... her round head isn't too bad??

So today my two pumkin dolls united in wedded bliss!

A sweet couple dontcha think!!!
(As for the other guy she was on the sun lounger with earlier, I'm afraid she jilted him for the older fella!) He's now having treatment and will be as right as rain very soon. I'll keep you updated!

Thanks for all your suggestions on making rounder heads, I'm going to try them all and see what works best for me.
As for my tooth, it turns out it was a gum infection and is on the mend - thanks so much for your prayers.
And welcome to new followers, you are more than welcome and please leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

Have a great weekend



18 comments:

  1. They look fabulous!!!
    have a great WE you too
    Hugs
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I bet you were just sick seeing the drips on the ceiling. Nothing gets to me faster than the signs of drips on the ceiling.
    Your dolls are lovely. I need to get in gear and finish mine.
    I hope that there is lots of progress this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those doll heads came out great! And they are SO cute....I love the stump doll the best, but those pumpkins ARE a sweet couple!! :-D You make the most charming dolls!

    I'm so glad you're on the mend, and just hang in there with the bathroom - someday you will look back on the whole thing and laugh, I bet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chritine, oh oh, drip drip, so glad everything turned out o.k. Love the pumpkin couple, to cute and the Harvest gal is prairie perfect, wonderful job. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the newly wed couple! They are so cute! The stump doll is darling also! Glad you are on the mend!
    Have a great weekend.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww they looking so lovelyyyyyy
    the stump doll is so cuteeee too.
    glad you are feeling better.
    lots of love for you cucki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine,
    The Harvest Girl's sister in America says, "Hi!" She says that her twin looks gorgeous. She thinks the pumpkin couple are lovely also. She extends her best wishes to the happy couple!

    Love and Hugs,
    Anne Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Promiscuous pumkins don't you think? Ha ha. In the end, I think she made the right choice. What a great couple they are!! I love the harvest doll Christine. Most people have laundry out....we have pumpkin and body parts:) I think the head is as round as can be. Good job. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your newlywed pumpkin couple Christine~how sweet!
    Glad you're on the mend!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love them too.
    Great job friend.
    I think their sweet little punkin heads are perfect.
    HUGS
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could your Pumpkin couple be more adorable...I love the little story you added about them...too sweet.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh drip drip drip ... I would be so stressed out! I'm glad the problem is solved now. The prairie doll is so beautiful! And I was totally wrong when I guessed what your dolls were :-).

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO glad you were able to get your leak fixed without any major damage! That's not a sound you want to hear. All of your dolls are so cute :)
    KIm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, great dolls, our real pumpkins are a miss this year... hope you didn't get too wet.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dolls are wonderful! I love autumn crafts.
    If I don't make it back around the block in time, Happy Birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday!
    She is beautiful!!!
    I love her!
    Have a great week!
    <3 Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, they look great! Hope you show photos of your bathroom remodel! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!