Friday, 9 March 2012

A Friday Finish - X stitch Ditty bag





Wow! Another week has rolled round and it was as busy as ever but I have squeezed in a little stitching time to finish a new x stitch pattern I came up with to celebrate spring. It's simple and sweet ~

I made it into a little ditty bag with a blue wool edge to the top of the bag~

Stitched on 28ct cashel linen which is actually darker than my pics show and using soft pastel flosses

I added a little flower button on either side of the wool handle/strap:


Oh dear! Now that I see the pics on my blog, the bag looks higgledy-piggedly - need to sort that out!!!

Has Spring sprung in your part of the world? It was quite mild here today again and I even managed to dry a load of washing outside - that's how I can tell spring is in the air!


Thanks again for your comments and visit - it's great hearing from you!
PS. Don't forget to become a linky follower if you haven't already!


Best wishes,




13 comments:

  1. What a pretty little bag you stitched! Spring is trying to come here! I love the books you found in the thrift store! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet Christine! Love the soft colors for spring and I'm sure it put you in the mood for it!
    Nothing like milder weather to bring out the wash!
    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bag. I love the shape. If that's what you call higgledy-piggledy!! Ha Ha. It's warm today for once. I've been out trying to teach my 3 year old how to peddle. Have a great weekend. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Christine - it's nice to 'meet' you too!
    Your bag is very sweet and the soft colours are perfect for Spring.
    Speaking of which..I won't see it for a while, as we have just entered Autumn here in Australia.
    Looking forward to enjoying it by proxy through the eyes of "northern" bloggers, lol!
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, I have wanted to and I will but I have not yet made a ditty bag. I just need to get over my fear and do it. Yours is just so cute. I am so glad you are having nice weather too, that says a lot getting to dry clothes out on the line. Nothing smells better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, that is beautiful. you do such nice work. And the colors are so pretty. Blessings ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this bag!
    It's so lovely!!! I want to stitch one :-)
    Good idea for this spring...

    have a lovely week end

    Isobel
    The Primitive Hare

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine :)
    Love your little bag ... Can I copy you? ;)
    Soooo loving all your cross stitch goodies, Your stitching and ideas are such an inspiration...love them all,
    I blame you for my renewed excitement with cross stitch ...hahaha
    hugs Wendy x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little bag..it is really pretty. Nice Spring Colors!

    Have a Great Weekend..

    Hugs
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ditty bag Christine. You don't need to do anything to it, primitives are just that, primitive and not perfect.

    It's quite nice here today and tommorrow and Tuesday possibly the 70's. Much as I would like to see spring too, I don't think our winter is done yet.

    Hugs my friend
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!