Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Wednesday WIP & Blog Award!

Hi sweet friends, hope you are having a wonderful week thus far.
I've started a new spring cross stitch and here's how my WIP looks at the moment~
There's a lot to do so I'll have to muster all the patience and stamina I've got to stick with it and get it done before spring's over!!! Don't those little carrots look sweet and good enough to eat?!!
I also have to say a heartfelt thank you to Steph of Front Porch Primitives for awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award. It's appreciated because it's so encouraging to think other bloggers enjoy your blog. I just want to pass on the award to all my readers as there are many more than 10 other blogs which I love and could nominate.

I'm also supposed to tell you 7 random things about myself so here goes!

I'm a bit of a tomboy and when growing up with my two brothers I climbed a very tall tree after them and ended up getting stuck - Dad had to bring a very tall ladder to rescue me!

Thankfully I have never had a broken bone, but was bitten by a dog in the face and needed stitches - they've all healed. And I still love dogs!

I love shopping!

I would love to visit all 50 US states - I'm only a quarter of the way round them!!

Chocolate is my favorite food! But I do have a very sweet tooth!

Reading is probably my favorite 'me' time activity and the Bronte sisters are my favorite authors.

All I want to be when I grow up is a good/godly mommy to my three precious children.

Whew! That took ages! i'm really just a shy person with not a lot to say!

But thanks to you all - you make blogging worthwhile!
Best wishes until next time!


20 comments:

  1. I love how this is turning out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitchery looks very fun...and obviously something for Easter - did the carrot give it away???? LOL
    Loved reading your 7 random things.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty "stitch" you're working on there. TFS 7 things we didn't know about ya. I was a tomboy growing up and I still am, LOL.. Hugs, Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like all of those things about you. You are just wonderful.
    Don't you just love stitching? I made quilt blocks today and as I was doing it I thought I am so blessed to be able to do that.
    I hope you get to see all 50 states!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That spring cr. st. looks adorable Christine!!
    Glad to get to 'know' you better!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty stitching Christine. We can't wait to see the finish.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. very sweet stitching..i love it so much..
    it is so lovely to know more about you..
    big hugs
    cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project; can't wait to see it complete! All I've ever wanted was to be a mom as well! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty stitchery! Love the getting to know you post.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Christine!
    Wonderful stitchery you are working on and it was fun to read a bit more about you dear girl.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. Sorry you weren't one of the book winners.
    warm hugz,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new cross stitch is so pretty Christine. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine,
    Loved reading more about you!! Your new cross stitch looks great. I so wish I could do that!!
    Hugs,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved hearing every thing about you :-) ha ha... nothing broken... well done :-)
    Lots of love :-) X X X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love my dear friend Christine, :-) :-) :-) :-)
    creep :-) :-) :-) :-) xxxxxx
    sweetie, honey bun :-) :-) :-) xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Not with a paint brush I'm not :-) :-) Ah :-) xxxxxxxxxxx luvs X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine,
    Love learning more things about you. Love the stitching your working on. Can't wait to see the finished project.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! The kids do look forward to that event the most!!!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's looking very cute so far, love the carrots and the prim looking colors that you are using on this piece!

    I loved reading the random things about you. It's been fun to learn more about our blogging friends.

    Have a terrific week, Christine~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how it looks so far...the little carrots are very cute. I need to start on some Spring projects but I haven't had the time...I will soon...I just hope it's before Springs over! I loved learning little things about you...I'm pretty shy myself, but blogging has helped me a lot with opening up! Have a great day ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those carrots look better than the one's I grew last summer....no lie.
    Can't wait to see it all done. I love your blog and you have been so friendly to me. Thank you. I loved climbing trees as a child too. I still would do it if no one was around and if I was possitive I could get down:)
    -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw...what a sweet bio! I love your stitching, too! Looking forward to seeing the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely new stitches my friend - do I spy bunny ears among those lovely carrots? Glad you joined in on the award fun - I enjoyed reading your 7 facts....it somewhat surprises me that you say you're shy. Your blog and posts are always so warm and inviting, I took you for a very social sort.....But then, again, if you can believe it, I'm actually somewhat shy myself....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!