Friday, 17 February 2012

A Friday Finish and Fobs

Happy Friday once again, friends! The weeks are flying by and everything in between seems a bit of a blur - I don't know where time goes!

This is my one and only finish for the week. As the children were off school all week for half term break, I have been kept on my toes entertaining them, and all in all we've had a good time together even though it was cold and drizzly here.

I love the blues in this free pattern from Primitive Betty's and I plan on giving it to my friend as a little gift this weekend.

It is stitched on 28ct cashel linen in light mocha and I backed it in a light blue floral print.
As there was a remnant of the floral I thought I'd try something I've seen and loved but never made before - a strawberry fob (I know I'm taking liberties calling it a strawberry when it's blue and a bit misshapen to boot!!)

But here it is and I like it anyways!!
I topped it with blue herring bone wool for the leaves~


Well, that's when I decided I'd better find a proper tutorial to learn how to make fobs and came across quite a few useful ones and hurried off to my fabric bin to find a red print to make a real strawberry! And here it is with green wool leaves~


Here are two lovely prim wool strawberry fobs I picked up on holiday last year - I think fobs may become a bit of an obsession of mine!!


I'm off to look for more fob patterns and designs and maybe I get some more stitching done for spring!
Here's hoping you all have a great weekend! And thanks so much for visiting - I'm so pleased to welcome some new followers also! Looking forward to getting to know you better!
Best wishes!


21 comments:

  1. such a sweet finish..it is looking so cute...
    strawberries are looking super sweet..they are my fav :)
    big hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stitchery and fobs! Beautiful work. Your friend is going to love it!! ( Can I be your friend too? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm, the strawberry looks good enough to eat Christine. I like it in blue and the red is very pretty too. Luv the "my friend" tuck.

    Hugs
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it.. The blue one is my favorite..
    Always admire your stitching, dear friend..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Christine~
    I love your work and this one has to be one of my favorites. Maybe it's the blues you used? Anyway your friend is very lucky to be receiving it!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog from time to time, I appreciate your comments and visit.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how cute Christine! Your pillow turned out so nicely and I'm sure she'll love it! The fobs are darling, no matter what color they are!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I was just trying to think of gifts for a couple of friend's birthdays- this would be great! Will go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Christine! Love the wool strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Christine...I love your beautiful pattern you got free from Betty...it's a perfect gift for a friend. I'm loving the colors you used too.
    Now I must admit I did not know what a Fob was till I saw it hanging...and realized it's much like a key fob...it just hangs and/or you can attach something off of it and it hangs there for decoration???? Whatever, I love your little Strawberry one.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Christine:
    What a lovely, lovely gift for your friend. The little strawberry is perfect! Your friend is going to treasure this always.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christine..you entered my Easter Egg giveaway with a question. I wanted to contact you but can't find an email address. Can you email me. Subject: Easter Egg Giveaway.

    Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work Christine and you're friend is so lucky...that little fob just gave me an idea and I will be chasing you in cyberland looking for a tutorial too..need a one for a sweet little bear I have just finished up..hugs X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am obsessed with those fobs too and finally found some emery sand for them. I can't wait to make some too.
    I love your blues they looks so nice. I haven't had time this week to finish a single thing. Life just gets like that doesn't it?
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful pincushion! :o)

    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful stitches Friend.
    And adorable strawberry fobs.
    Love Hugs & JOY!
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christine! I am so behind on your blog, my word. I love the blues on this finish, your friend is fortunate to receive such a sweet gift from you! The blue fob looks great with it. Your strawberry turned out really cute! I am always looking for antique ones to display in jars but I don't find many at all.

    Glad you had a good time with the kids. That's the way it is around here also... not much gets done when they are home but it's good to spend time with them!

    Glad to be back over here visiting and catching up with you =]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice. I'm sure your friend will appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christine. Your hands make such beautiful things. That sampler is simply gorgeous. Your friend will be so happy to have it. I think the blues are so fitting. It's nice to hear you had a good time with the kids.
    -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice and it would make a lovely gift to give to someone! Hope you're having a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was so very pretty...your friend will love it I'm sure! I think some strawberries would be fun to make...now you've got me thinking and that's dangerous!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lucky friend you have - and what a blessing you are. Love the little keep and fobs....Yeah, I kind of have that fob obsession thing too... ;o) Hugs & Blessings ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!